You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I believe I've found a bug within Publisher (Windows) when printing in booklet format. The first printed spread seems to always come out upside down. It's not always the first spread, but the first printed spread. In other words if you print all odd spreads in a document, the first printed will be upside down. When printing all even spreads, again, the first printed will come out upside down. Same when printing in reverse order, everything comes out right side up except that first spread to come out of the printer. I don't think it's possible that this is a printer issue.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Shirley said:

I don't think it's possible that this is a printer issue.

Could you tell us the name of the printer? Maybe someone else is using this printer without problems. Just to be sure: Are the printer drivers up-to-date?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

There are lots of drivers - some from May 2020 - for Windows 10. Is there any difference in print output between a PCL6 or a Postscript 3 driver?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Nathan Shirley said:

I don't think it's possible that this is a printer issue.

Have you tried outputting as a PDF and then printing from a PDF reader, rather than printing directly from APub?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks for the replies. Its looking like this is a printer issue after all. I output as PDF and printed in another program where it now consistently prints every 1st page upside down every other time I print a batch of pages. Tried a slightly older PCL6 driver (was on the latest) with the same results, I'll try the last Postscript3 driver next.