You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nudge distance (aka keyboard increment) - is it fixed to 1px?

Not sure how other people work, but I use the arrow keys quite a bit to nudge objects around. The ability to change the nudge distance seems vital to me. Is it buried somewhere or is it non-existant? 

As a workaround, I went with the option of fairly large documents (3k and upwards) so as to keep the standard 1px nudge small enough to be usable, but I still find I want to change it. Do you have any workarounds for moving objects a tiny amount?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

also: it would be nice if the UI would reflect the same decimal precision.

right now you can manually enter values of ten-thousands of a mm and behind the scenes, it will actually save that value and render correctly, but in your interface it will always round to a tenth of your units. So you don't know whats actually hidden behind a value, you see. Even worse: if you copy-paste values, you will copy the rounded interface-version and not the actual value of the field you wanted to copy...

• Staff

also: it would be nice if the UI would reflect the same decimal precision.

right now you can manually enter values of ten-thousands of a mm and behind the scenes, it will actually save that value and render correctly, but in your interface it will always round to a tenth of your units. So you don't know whats actually hidden behind a value, you see. Even worse: if you copy-paste values, you will copy the rounded interface-version and not the actual value of the field you wanted to copy...

This issue is somewhat fixed in the next beta...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.