You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OK what I want to do is... If you look along the bottom right hand corner of the caravan you can see a bit of green. The rest of the roof is beached almost white by the sun over the years. When I try and lift the colour of the rest of the photo the roof goes pure white. I'm only learning and I have had a go but just can't get it. 

So what I'd like to do it pick a sample of the green to recolour the caravan roof.  Then reduce the opacity so it doesn't look fake. Then do my other adjustments. 

I've had advice to do my adjustments and then lay layer over and then use black to rub out what I don't want. But I can't even get that to work. 

Heads melted ready to give up. 

Can anyone help someone who's much older and the average and is brand new to this. I'd really appreciate it thanks in advance 

DSC_0496.JPG

You are a genius lol now I'm slow when it comes to this could you please give me child like step by step instructions and I'd be so grateful. I'll be your guide if you ever come to Ireland lol 

You can private message me lol. 

And if you wish to use the photo you can do x

The process is from bottom layer to upper one :)

Perhaps you need to search with a lighter background, to put in front the colorfull caravan… I did it the other way: darkening it, but it doesn't stand out enough…

And it needs working on the green, I find it too much and too colourfull… That's the type of photo where, unless you kow from the start where you're going, need some rest and a new eye, perhaps with the first morning cup of coffee!

And thank you for this picture, I never saw such caravan, and it's beautifull. Is it the same inside?

Your welcome and again welcome to use image. I'm just learning and haven't a clue. So grateful for all help your a genius can't believe you managed to select the right green think it took it from the sample at the very bottom. He did a brilliant job. But I'd like to learn myself.lol

Edited by lauraburns
Got mixed up thought it was another person messaging

13 minutes ago, Wosven said:

And thank you for this picture, I never saw such caravan, and it's beautifull. Is it the same inside?

There's actually a man inside which'd spooked me a bit as I was zoomed in at the time and just panning the document

Another quick approach:

In brief...

I made a selection of the roof

Sampled the green colour

Then painted the selection, on a new layer using a textured brush

Then changed that pixel layer to blend mode Linear Burn as that seemed to be the best one to use to bring back some of the texture from the roof

Then I  added a couple of Lighting layers to simulate the sun on the roof

caravan4.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.