You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone, I bought an Epson XP-15000 and I'm trying to print from affinity photo on MacOs.

I've done the soft proof correctly and now I'm in Print menu but I have some doubt. 

About color matching I set up this:

image.png.144be9a721ec797a5ddabdb4b16fb50e.png

But here in printer features there are a large number of parameters. How can I set them, please?

image.png.c2a618bade88ddbb9bedcd8bc03aa6d9.png

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @bigsub,

My apologies for the delayed response here!

These settings shown are all specific to your printer and are not included by Affinity or Mac OS.

I recommend reading the manual for your printer, or contacting the printer manufacturer support team for a more in depth analysis of these options  - as they aren't directly related to the Affinity app I have no experience with them and I would not wish to offer the wrong advice.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@bigsub you are to be congratulated: you are seeing all the settings the Epson printer driver has. I have been TRYING to get those options to show up in the Affinity Print dialog and they do not. They used to do, but then I updated the Epson driver and they went away. So the answer is, some Epson printer drivers pass all that along and Affinity displays it, while some driver versions only pass the minimum: type of paper, feed from cassette or rear tray, print quality low-medium-high, and that's all.

22 minutes ago, dcortesi said:

So the answer is, some Epson printer drivers pass all that along and Affinity displays it, while some driver versions only pass the minimum

The printer options menus seem to be influenced by the way you have set up the printer in macOS.
By macOS default you get the standard 'Bonjour' which uses Apple's driverless "Airprint" technology. To get access to the printer manufacturer's driver options you apparently need to set it as IP printer ...

618679706_printersetupmacOS.jpg.ff621435300f26797169da3e405155e0.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

10 hours ago, dcortesi said:

@bigsub you are to be congratulated: you are seeing all the settings the Epson printer driver has. I have been TRYING to get those options to show up in the Affinity Print dialog and they do not. They used to do, but then I updated the Epson driver and they went away. So the answer is, some Epson printer drivers pass all that along and Affinity displays it, while some driver versions only pass the minimum: type of paper, feed from cassette or rear tray, print quality low-medium-high, and that's all.

Hello, you don't need to configure printer secured airprint.

• 10 months later...

Wow, thanks! I've been trying for weeks to figure out how to get any MacOs app to include "Printer Settings" in the pull-down menu when printing to my Epson SC P600. There are a bunch of settings I need to set and several more nice to have.

I just stumbled on this post and, as you noted, the "Printer Settings" are not available when connected via Bonjour. I dropped the printer and (re)added it via IP (aka TCP/IP) and now the "Printer Settings" shows up in all apps.

• Affinity Designer 2.4.2
  • Affinity Photo 2.4.2
  • Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
  • MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running macOS Sonoma v14.4.1
  • Nikon D7100 with 18-135mm zoom

http://www.dojopico.org