You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’ve Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 since the beginning of June this year installed on OS10.9.5 (used to InDesign) and have some problems with Preflight.

A: Whatever I select on the left side of the Preflight Profile window I can’t change any condition because no Warning Level’, ‘Safe Zone Edge’ etc. appears on the right side (so no Disable, Warning or Error button)

B’: Check now” works properly, but clicking on the problem doesn’t take me to the problem in the document.

Preflight crashes often, what might I do wrong? A bit frustrated here :(

(been looking for the solution on this forum but couldn’t find it)

Not sure exactly what you are asking. I know in Indesign preflight shows me the errors based on my preflight profile. Preflight does not correct anything but shows me where the images or text is that needs to be fixed. I then go to them and make my fixes. None of it done in preflight, it is simply checking and informing you of the issues. 

For this Dutch document I just don’t want to see all the ‘Spelling mistakes’ in the list (all ‘mistakes’ are taxonomic names) so I tried to use the ‘Edit profile’ option to get to the Preflight Profile window to disable spelling. But no ‘disable’ button appears on the right side.

See this video from 5:48 till 6:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7IXOE-ZhhE

And this is what appears in my program:
1124354064_Schermafbeelding2020-06-23om19_18_39.png.eb43064f6a1a01e3df256caf501e1c6d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 6/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, AdrieK said:

For this Dutch document I just don’t want to see all the ‘Spelling mistakes’ in the list (all ‘mistakes’ are taxonomic names) so I tried to use the ‘Edit profile’ option to get to the Preflight Profile window to disable spelling. But no ‘disable’ button appears on the right side.

See this video from 5:48 till 6:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7IXOE-ZhhE

And this is what appears in my program:
1124354064_Schermafbeelding2020-06-23om19_18_39.png.eb43064f6a1a01e3df256caf501e1c6d.png

Hi AdrieK,

Welcome to the forums :)

I think this is because you are using the default profile. If you create a new profile you should be able to disable spelling .

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks for your answer C

But, creating a new profile makes no difference - already tried that before and tried again just now - : but still unable to disable spelling (or anything else by the way).

Adrie

PS: crashed again.

3 hours ago, AdrieK said:

Thanks for your answer C

But, creating a new profile makes no difference - already tried that before and tried again just now - : but still unable to disable spelling (or anything else by the way).

Adrie

PS: crashed again.

Try resizing the profile editor (?)

Before:

1228283461_ScreenShot2020-07-08at1_49_45PM.png.3c6f0a62b785d2bbf92eaf17de92f3ce.png

After:

1428692335_ScreenShot2020-07-08at1_49_36PM.png.7ae8dd80853831c361867809e32c0cee.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Try a Clear User Data start up, this will clear all your various settings so back up those that you need (Brushes, Styles etc). Hold down the Control Key while starting Publisher until you see the Clear User Data, the top three items should be checked by default leave them checked, then click Clear.

Your OS is the minimum but I really doubt that would have an effect on this.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 5 weeks later...

Preflight: Check Now does work, but clicking on any of the problems in the list doesn't lead me to the problem in the document (it should, am I right?). And I still can't change conditions (no buttons to press).

Please, can anybody help???

Just updated to 1.8.4. makes no difference

I'm on Mac OS 10.9.5 (anybody here on 10.9.5 who does not have this problem??)