You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Ralfmaro,

Welcome to the forums!

At this moment in time it is not possible to do this. However Batch Processing is something that is on our RoadMap for the future.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 6 years later...
7 minutes ago, GubbelGubbel said:

I also have no clue about how to synchronize development with macros.

No one does, it is not possible. About the only thing that can be done is to use the basic nothing-is-applied development available with the Batch Process. Choose a bunch of raw files and choose a file format, size and location for output and there you go. Rarely useful, only just a possibility and not anything close to a solution.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

12 minutes ago, GubbelGubbel said:

I don't understand why there is no build in solution ( as LR has) after years.

Totally different type of applications. LR is a DAM (Digital Asset Management) app, that can also develop RAW files, and others. It has a built in, proprietary catalog. While it can create XMP files, not all the info in those files can be read by other apps. They Sync in LR, just copies instructions that can be pasted into the other files instructions, which are the catalog, not the image files themselves. Nothing happens to those image files, RAW, JPEG, PNG, PSD, ect, until you export from LR. When you export, it uses the Catalog to apply all the adjustments made, keywords, ect, to the files.

Affinity Photo, does not have any catalog, no place to store instructions. It also is designed to process one image at a time. No matter if you're developing RAW files or compressed (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, ect) it's done one at a time. Unless you're using the Batch feature. I think a drawback with this, you don't see the results until after the batch processing is completed. Then if you don't like what was done, there's no undo, you have to delete all those files.

Also trying to batch process RAW files just doesn't work well at all. Then to top it off AP's Macro is too limiting.

So trying to compare or expect Affinity Photo to LR is like comparing apples to oranges. ;)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Thanks for this detailed explanation.
Perhaps synchronization is the wrong verb and aligning would be a better one (sorry English is not my language😇)

I have to accept that Affinity Photo is not programmed that way to store raw development steps (even of the Develop Persona) in external files to be recalled for other photos.

But for 'aligning' there might be a way of analyzing photos and adjusting the others to the same look e.g. exposure. To my knowledge LR does this. I selected a couple of similar photos and LR aligned the to the 'same' look and feel.

Conclusion: I have to go back to oranges (which I don't want to) - or other fruits that states they can synchronize/align development of photos 😉

Coming back to apples and oranges. I don't care - I just wanna have as less fruits as possible to solve my issues

1 minute ago, GubbelGubbel said:

I have to accept that Affinity Photo is not programmed that way to store raw development steps (even of the Develop Persona) in external files to be recalled for other photos.

We can save Presets of settings for the various tabs in the Develop and then apply those to new raw files. Unfortunately applying them can only be done one at a time and cannot be automated.

It is as though we are 95% of the way there....

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.