You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Merging Pixel and Blur layers

Hi!

Can I revive this thread? I have version 1.8.3.641 and I'm having a similar issue.

Steps: Create new document (size doesn't seem to matter), flood fill with black, add noise Gaussian 100%, add levels adjustment: black adjustment 34% white adjustment 39%, click merge.

The resulting image is not quite the same as the original pixel layer, or the pixel layer with the separate adjustment layer above it. It's like it's somewhere in the middle. I've tried just leaving the adjustment layer, and then doing various merges- merge down, merge visible, selecting the order in which I click them before merging. Nothing seems to work.

I'm attaching 4 files- one is the Affinity file with the adjustment layer still separate, and then three screenshots to show 1. Original noise pixel layer, 2. Separate adjustment layer, 3. Adjustment layer merged

Please let me know if anyone can replicate the issue or if it's just me or how I set things up or what? But I've always just hit the Merge button after creating an adjustment if I wanted to rasterize it to the layer.

I'm on a Windows 10 64bit 4k monitor Lenovo Yoga, which is what I've always used and Affinity Photo was the only program running at the time.

Thanks!
Amanda

1.png

2.png

3.png

MergeAdjustment.afphoto

• Staff

Hi Amanda,

If you view the document at 100% view, when you click Merge, the preview on the canvas should remain the same.

When you're using Adjustments or Live Filter Layers, you should always check it at 100% view for output or when say, merging an adjustment/live filter etc.