You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pin issue when resizing text frame

I cannot reproduce this issue in a new document, I'm attaching a file where the bug is present.

I have an object pinned in a text frame. Pin's type is set to float.

The issue occurs when I'm resizing text frame. My object gets scaled. Moreover, undoing text frame resize doesn't fix object – it remains scaled, I cannot undo it. I'm getting the same behaviour with inline pinning (scale to: no scale). I'm attaching screenshots – first one shows original view, the second one shows view after text frame transform and a bug visible on red rectangle.

If there is any workaround to fix this behaviour I will be grateful, because I've got a project with hundreds of pages, lots of pins and I need to resize text frames to put in illustrations and... yeah ;)

My specs:

MacOS Catalina v10.15.5

Affinity Publisher 1.8.3

Zrzut ekranu 2020-06-23 o 09.46.10.png

Zrzut ekranu 2020-06-23 o 09.46.43.png

broken-document.afpub

@Gabe - My jaw dropped, because I also couldn't replicate it... and I finally found how to replicate it. You must select "lock children" in move tool.

And it is not fixed in beta as I wrote. It just worked for me, because I didn't check "lock children" option.

I'm attaching video, at the end I'm undoing all changes.

25 minutes ago, Wojciech Krakowiak said:

it is not fixed in beta as I wrote. It just worked for me, because I didn't check "lock children" option.

Messed up real bad here on Mac OS 10.14.6 if the text frame "Lock Children" option is checked. This is on both the retail and beta versions.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 7 months later...

I was about to start a new thread, but it appears that I am experiencing basically the same bug. I am posting with some additional details, as I do not think it is necessarily related to lock children. It makes no change for me. I have prepared a couple of demo files and videos to demonstrate.

First, if you open scaling pinned inline images 1.8.afpub in Publisher release 1.8, select the pinned inline circle and change its scaling to "Pointsize," its horizontal scale will be gradually reduced until its width is zero:

Behavior has changed a little bit by Publisher 1.9.911 RC 2. The image does not scale down all by itself, but it does scale down any time the text reflows. Simply typing in the paragraph will cause the inline circle to lose width, and undo will not restore its original shape. Here is a file to try in the latest 1.9 beta:

scaling pinned inline images 1.9b.afpub

("Uno" doesn't work either. haha)

• 1 year later...

I just found this existing thread, after recording the clip. Anyway, it seems the issue needs a bump (APub v. 1.8.3 –> 1.10.4.) …

As mentioned above unticking Lock Children avoids the issue. Easy to solve actually but hard to detect without this hint, especially because this property gets set hidden when Pinning, not set by the user.

1732093637_pinnedimageframesize_solution.thumb.jpg.8f8da462f10518fc4f38a1e9f6e4297b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1