You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So many bugs, I'm going back to photoshop

Unfortunately the people that advertise this product has lied from the very beginning when telling people you don't have to be an extremist PRO do use this program.

Photoshop is very intuitive compared to this garbage. I'm sorry I know a lot of you kneel down at the altar of affinity, but fact are facts and the people I talk to  have to spend hours every day just trying to muddle through this horrible program.

I spent three hours today trying to make a simple header and when it was finished this program decided to eliminate some of the layers on it's own.

I spent a lot of money on video instruction for this product. Now I've not only lost the money for the so-called program but also all the money for all the video programs that were supposed to teach me how to use it. I never had any instruction for Photoshop but was able to figure it out. I was no expert but I at least I could use it.

Again I know some of you who have consumed the Kool-Aid will be angry, but that's life in the real world.

There are about 30 million veterans plus the families in the United States.  I have reported my review to one of the largest websites I sent out newsletters to most of those veterans. Warning them against purchasing this product.

From what I can tell it seems like the people pushing this product are simply out for the money. It does have some good features that I really liked but overall it's nothing but a pain in the butt.

I give it one star how to 10.

I've made tons of banners (for web) in Photo and had no issue, what do you mean the app removed layers? Now, I'm mostly using Affinity Publisher but Photo has been fast and intuitive to use. How is this app not intuitive since you are coming from Photoshop? Calling the app garbage is rude, you could've tested it before buying.

11 hours ago, Cody88 said:

Unfortunately the people that advertise this product has lied from the very beginning when telling people you don't have to be an extremist PRO do use this program.

Photoshop is very intuitive compared to this garbage. I'm sorry I know a lot of you kneel down at the altar of affinity, but fact are facts and the people I talk to  have to spend hours every day just trying to muddle through this horrible program.

I spent three hours today trying to make a simple header and when it was finished this program decided to eliminate some of the layers on it's own.

I spent a lot of money on video instruction for this product. Now I've not only lost the money for the so-called program but also all the money for all the video programs that were supposed to teach me how to use it. I never had any instruction for Photoshop but was able to figure it out. I was no expert but I at least I could use it.

Again I know some of you who have consumed the Kool-Aid will be angry, but that's life in the real world.

There are about 30 million veterans plus the families in the United States.  I have reported my review to one of the largest websites I sent out newsletters to most of those veterans. Warning them against purchasing this product.

From what I can tell it seems like the people pushing this product are simply out for the money. It does have some good features that I really liked but overall it's nothing but a pain in the butt.

I give it one star how to 10.

People that believe Affinity Photo for just 25-50 bucks can do everything Adobe Photoshop does (10-20 bucks a month for the rest of your life) may consider to relearn things in life...

Affinity Photo is for many many people out there, but not for everyone, and you are perhaps one of the exceptions...

Me and hundreds of thousands other Affinity users think the whole Affinity Suite is really awesome...

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

I'd like to offer some advice If it helps, going forward, and before I do, please understand that feedback is a gift.

I would ask you to  draw up a list of your needs, your wants, your wherewithal, what are you looking to achieve, where you are going to place 'it' and how you wish to achieve that goal. Otherwise, be it Photoshop, Affinity, a car or many other things in life, you'll find yourself telling others how there are many veterans in your country and that you've written a review warning them against purchasing something because it didn't behave in the way you wanted it to.

The trick is to analyze the heck out of something. In which case, you spent $50USD, maybe and it didn't 'work' for you. Luckily this is not a game of life or death, so I would simply write off the purchase in next year's tax. I also imagine that writing to vets, who have suffered and survived enough, a) doesn't hold any water and b) I've had worse in far off places and just because Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher doesn't do "X", just yet, I can live with. 

Everyone I have had the chance to chat with or write with, here,  has been nothing but helpful, accommodating and yes, professional. That's a rare gem these days and you can see that in the replies other users have left. 

Now, is Affinity for everyone? No. Is their documentation brilliant - not really (no offense) but then again, which company's is? As soon as you release a product, your help is out of date and that is the reason you turn to your peers to ask, as I have, the most ridiculous questions because, we've ALL been there at some point in our lives. It's OK @Cody88 Am I now a professional graphic artist? No I'm not, but I just need Affinity to do certain things and asking questions has led me quickly to the answers I need.

I'm sorry to see that you have so much vitriol. I'd ask you to relax. Life is a journey and becoming upset over software isn't worth it.

Lawrence

Regards,

Lawrence

13 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I'd like to offer some advice If it helps, going forward, and before I do, please understand that feedback is a gift.

I would ask you to  draw up a list of your needs, your wants, your wherewithal, what are you looking to achieve, where you are going to place 'it' and how you wish to achieve that goal. Otherwise, be it Photoshop, Affinity, a car or many other things in life, you'll find yourself telling others how there are many veterans in your country and that you've written a review warning them against purchasing something because it didn't behave in the way you wanted it to.

The trick is to analyze the heck out of something. In which case, you spent $50USD, maybe and it didn't 'work' for you. Luckily this is not a game of life or death, so I would simply write off the purchase in next year's tax. I also imagine that writing to vets, who have suffered and survived enough, a) doesn't hold any water and b) I've had worse in far off places and just because Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher doesn't do "X", just yet, I can live with. 

Everyone I have had the chance to chat with or write with, here,  has been nothing but helpful, accommodating and yes, professional. That's a rare gem these days and you can see that in the replies other users have left. 

Now, is Affinity for everyone? No. Is their documentation brilliant - not really (no offense) but then again, which company's is? As soon as you release a product, your help is out of date and that is the reason you turn to your peers to ask, as I have, the most ridiculous questions because, we've ALL been there at some point in our lives. It's OK @Cody88 Am I now a professional graphic artist? No I'm not, but I just need Affinity to do certain things and asking questions has led me quickly to the answers I need.

I'm sorry to see that you have so much vitriol. I'd ask you to relax. Life is a journey and becoming upset over software isn't worth it.

Lawrence

I"m am not a graphics professional but I like to use graphics software for various side projects. I do not need Adobe enterprise level software for the work that I do but I do need something more than "Paint". The price is right and Affinity products fit the bill for me. I taught myself how to use the software and have been creating professional level projects with Affinity that I am very pleased with.  

Often when reading emotional comments, I wonder whether the author is upset about the product - or about himself.

You can separate yourself from a product you do not like (even if it means you wasted 50 bucks and some lifetime on it), but you can’t separate from yourself. 

So if the thread owner now feels better and can watch into the mirror again, maybe it was worth the posting here. I just dislike a basic tone of disrespect, putting oneself above all others, be it developers, other users or helpful minds here in the forum.

Cody had a problem, got a friendly helper, and never gave feedback. 

So: Don‘t feed the troll. 😉

Greetings from Germany

Micha

Please excuse my bad english. I learned it at school over thirty years ago. If you don't use it (regularly), you'll loose it.

Windows 10 & iPadOS: Affinity Suite (v1 and v2), all Workbooks (v1, german language), some content-packages

20 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Wouldn’t happen to be an Adobe employee would he!!

Typically not, way to silly to be part of a strategy. And I don't think that serious companies would choose a method like that, on this platform.

At the moment, all the tech companies rather have a problem where to stack the money generated by "Stay-at-Home"-Sales and rising stock prices.

13 minutes ago, Blende21 said:

Typically not, way to silly to be part of a strategy. And I don't think that serious companies would choose a method like that, on this platform.

At the moment, all the tech companies rather have a problem where to stack the money generated by "Stay-at-Home"-Sales and rising stock prices.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of Adobe staff is here to downtalk Affinity Suite - you can call it "work from home"...

Serif Labs has already more than 2 million customer running some of the Affinity software, so, Adobe may watch their back, Serif may take at least 2 million more Adobe CC-customer that is tired of the subscription model... 

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

I've started with affinity and tried Photoshop meanwhile... And felt I don't really need it. Because all what I did here I did pretty much same there. Layers, masks, blending modes, plugins etc etc... Even workflow is the same. Photoshop also freezes and crashes. Photoshop is not bug free. 

Adobe subscription is good because you get Lightroom too with it, not because Photoshop is necessary superior to affinity. 

Just my two cents.

When someone makes unfounded inflammatory statements to a group of believers, its simply a trick to get the group worked up. If this bozo believed the gutter trash that has no basis in reality he posted, he would have defended it. Maybe his wife left him or someone stole his car or he's looking for attention in a cold cruel world. Its easy to poke a stick in a bees nest in the on line world then run and hide. I find Affinity products more than meet my needs for something more than Microsoft Paint or Paint.net