You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher, Designer & Photo no longer merged together after update

After I installed 3. update for all three programs, my apps are no longer linked together. Before, when I opened my Publisher file, the other two would open as well and would show on the top tool bar so I could jump between the three programs. Now, they are no longer linked and I have to open all three apps individually, which will make sharing and working on files between the three programs so much more difficult. Does anyone know why or have a solution to the problem? Was I on a beta testing or something because I read a  question where someone "wished" they could do something like this, but I have been doing this for at least a year now...

I want it back!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Wendy2525 said:

Before, when I opened my Publisher file, the other two would open as well and would show on the top tool bar so I could jump between the three programs.

You seem to talk about StudioLink. – Note it does not open all apps, you might notice when clicking in APub's toolbar on the AP icon then the AP interface may appear slightly different (e.g. different panel settings) compared to when you launch AP from your finder or explorer as stand alone app. You can use it both ways and parallel.

31 minutes ago, Wendy2525 said:

Now, they are no longer linked

Do you get a message when you click in APub on one of the other app icons? – Note you can use StudioLink only when you have all apps in the same version installed. Also StudioLink might not work for beta versions and not between beta and retail versions.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Please give us a screenshot of Publisher.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, thomaso said:

You seem to talk about StudioLink. – Note it does not open all apps, you might notice when clicking in APub's toolbar on the AP icon then the AP interface may appear slightly different (e.g. different panel settings) compared to when you launch AP from your finder or explorer as stand alone app. You can use it both ways and parallel.

Do you get a message when you click in APub on one of the other app icons? – Note you can use StudioLink only when you have all apps in the same version installed. Also StudioLink might not work for beta versions and not between beta and retail versions.

Thank you both for your insights. Attached is a screen shot (if I did it right...) I do have all three programs purchased and updated. I don't see Studiolink, so I went to "help" and this is what it said for Studiolink:

"The Designer Persona and Photo Persona come directly from Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, respectively. As such you need to have one or both apps purchased and installed to take advantage of that Persona. The options are unavailable otherwise."

Persona's must be what they are calling it now, but it wasn't very clear how to find them or switch from one to the next. After updating, I did restart my computer, so I don't think that is the problem.

image.thumb.png.baf53a3a2cda88634419f27b634e77fe.png

That's odd, the Affinity Help shows the related UI not with the search term "StudioLink" but for "Persona" only.

https://affinity.help/publisher/English.lproj/pages/Workspace/personaToolbar.html

You seem not to have the toolbar activated currently. Go to menu View and check its offer, e.g....

654373553_menuViewtoolbar.jpg.c1320c3d9ce61dbef220c4888f68eb8b.jpg

31 minutes ago, Wendy2525 said:

It is directly under file when you first pull it down.

Oops, that is not StudioLink but opens the according content in the other app.
– Recall what you were looking for:

On 6/22/2020 at 11:50 PM, Wendy2525 said:

the other two would open as well and would show on the top tool bar

That's StudioLink. Or Personas.

StudioLink switches to a "persona" inside APub.
StudioLink keeps you in APubAD or APh don't need to be launched.
StudioLink personas have their own panel settings + maintain some APub's settings (e.g. colour panel) and options (e.g. export).

The Publisher personas that should be visible in the main app toolbar:

1051075896_pubpersonas.jpg.ece73fb6be705ff81f5fd597e16dbd39.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7