You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

edit text (connected frame text)

I use connected frame text for a calendar layout. Each Day is one frame text - so i can place and align each day-element individually on different calendar layouts.
But... how can I edit the complete text? In InDesign I used Ctrl-Y to edit the full text in a simple text editor. How to do this in Affinity Publisher?

connected-frame-text.PNG

Right now there is no equivalent to the simple story editor in InDesign. There has been a fair amount of discussion in a few other threads, such as the one below, but what people are hoping to get out of a separate editor has been varied. For my part, I would be interested in something more like raw text like in InDesign, but I see no reason why there couldn't be toggles to allow formatting. You might like to participate in the discussion, especially if there is some aspect with your use case that is difficult or impossible to do in Publisher at present.

Right now, however, I am not quite sure I understand what you are needing to "edit the complete text." Even broken up into multiple frames, you can still edit the complete text. Things such as "Select All" still work fine, for example. So I am probably misunderstanding something.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RalphGL said:

Text editing and selecting in Publisher  is disaster!

No.

5 minutes ago, RalphGL said:
  • to select a single word by double clicking it -> works for me
  • select from cursor to the end of the line with <shift><ctrl><end -> <shift><end>
  • select from cursor to the end of the paragraph with <shift><ctrl><cursor down> -> works for me
  • and all other common selecting possibilities -> Example?

Maybe not a problem in Publisher? Works in English and German, works in retail and beta version. As a sidenote, I made my calendar with a table. Works.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I don't know why, but it was not possible to mark all text from cursor position to the end of the document with <strg>+<shift>+<end> (and delete them) in my calender document with many text blocks and 3 columns of each block as you see it above. There always was more and more text and it was a crazy job to remove this text without seeing it. I tried to reproduce the problem in a empty document, but there all worked fine.