You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Half price offer?

I have the very same Question. I tried to get to my account, but I was told that my email was incorrect, yet I could get into my account with the forum url I had when I started with the 90 day trial. The cost was half for everything but the workbooks. I have decided that I want to buy the apps and the books, but I am having a heck of a time trying to even get onto/into my own account. BTW, I checked in my account to see if I had made a typo either on the account here or on my email account password to get into my account in the first place. Both of my fields the same, and they are  accurate.

Please contact me via my email so I can buy your products, or I'll have to restart my Adobe account again. 

Yes, I already dropped them.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Purely Personal and @Jo Henton.

The half-price offer for the applications ended, as advertised, on June 20. The free trial runs for 90-days from the time you started it, but that does not mean that the half-price offer also runs for that period of time. They were independent offers.

34 minutes ago, Jo Henton said:

I tried to get to my account, but I was told that my email was incorrect, yet I could get into my account with the forum url I had when I started with the 90 day trial.

The accounts for the forums and the account for the Store are completely separate. Also, signing up for the free trial does not create an account in the Affinity Store.

If you have not actually purchased something from the Affinity Store yet, you do not have an account there. You would get one when you make the first purchase from the Affinity Store. (Or, if you purchase one of the applications from Microsoft or Apple, when you visit the Affinity Store to download the free content advertised with the applications.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Prices gone back up!

Having been delighted with the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package I bought earlier today (2020-06-22 Monday) for £6.99 I just went back to

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/store/

to have a look at what else is available

But the 50% discount offer has gone! No warning.

What time did that happen please?

Oh, well, maybe the offers will come round again sometime .

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

31 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Purely Personal and @Jo Henton.

Yes Welcome.
I have given you each a point to start you off.
One for Walt too.

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The half-price offer for the applications ended, as advertised, on June 20. 

Where was that advertised please? I did not notice a date on the page.

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The free trial runs for 90-days from the time you started it, but that does not mean that the half-price offer also runs for that period of time. They were independent offers.

Management must manage as the saying goes. It is all one business.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

15 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Prices gone back up!

Having been delighted with the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package I bought earlier today (2020-06-22 Monday) for £6.99 I just went back to

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/store/

to have a look at what else is available

But the 50% discount offer has gone! No warning.

What time did that happen please?

Oh, well, maybe the offers will come round again sometime .

William

Not sure why it matters what time it happened. Pretty sure the end date of the sale was listed. That being said, even for full price these apps are a real bargain. Half price felt like they were just giving it all away. 

@PurelyPersonal You can also buy via the Windows app store (not sure what it is officially called) and the Mac App Store. Personally I like purchasing though the Mac App Store for easy of convince. I am not using this software professionally so it is more for testing and see how they are coming along compared to Adobe. With those app stores you probably already have an account so you just buy from there and are done.

6 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Where was that advertised please? I did not notice a date on the page.

The original offer was advertised as being until April 20. It was extended to May 20, and finally to June 20.

I don't think the Store pages ever say when any discounts will end, but sales are announced (as that one was) in the forums and by email. The last email, sent on May 20 to those who have signed up for marketing email from Serif, said:

90-day free trial and 50% discount offer extended

And finally, we’re still getting a lot of feedback from our community about how much the 90-day free trial and 50% discount on the apps has helped. Many businesses, schools and colleges are still closed, and we’re still seeing a large number of people taking up the trial to get free access to the tools they need. For that reason, we’ve decided to extend the availability of both the trial and discount for another month, until 20 June.

We’ll have to revert back to our normal pricing after this extension, but we wanted to stretch it out as long as we could. So, if you haven’t signed up for your 90-day free trial or purchased the apps for half price yet, make sure you do so before time runs out.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Well, it depends what people can afford.

I thought that if I had a trial period for Affinity Designer that I might not get round to having a good go and that the trial would lapse, which is what happened when I had had a shorter trial period some time before, a couple of quick goes then left. So I got it at 50% off so that I could have it for some time. Later the same day I bought Affinity Photo so as to have the set. I have only opened it twice and not done much with it except trying some brushes from the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package earlier today.

I had seen the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package advertised some time before but I did not have Affinity Designer at the time.

What I did not realize about the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package until I got it is that each brush can be used in each of many colours. I had thought that it was an electronic version of a box of 56 tubes of watercolour paint, but it is much more versatile than I had expected.

William

22 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Not sure why it matters what time it happened..

Well, items were half price earlier today when I got the DAUB® Watercolours & Washes package so I was surprised that the offer had gone.

William

Well, I certainly used to get marketing emails from Serif but looking in my inbox I can't find any recently. Maybe I was asked to reply to continue under the new EU privacy rules and I forgot to do so, but i cannot at present find anything in my account about marketing preferences one way or the other.

Not that I am saying that I did not receive such items nor that I have not read them. I am just saying that I don't remember reading them and I have not now located any in my inbox recently. i get various newsletters from various lists and so on by email.

William

40 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Well, I certainly used to get marketing emails from Serif but looking in my inbox I can't find any recently. Maybe I was asked to reply to continue under the new EU privacy rules and I forgot to do so, but i cannot at present find anything in my account about marketing preferences one way or the other.

Visit https://affinity.store/account/details and you should find a link for them near the bottom of the page:
image.png.1899b6bf9c581c7a065ff0bd0c247258.png

(And don't forget that your Store account is different from your Forum account :) )

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Visit https://affinity.store/account/details and you should find a link for them near the bottom of the page:
image.png.1899b6bf9c581c7a065ff0bd0c247258.png

(And don't forget that your Store account is different from your Forum account :) )

I have not got that panel in my account.
I now realize that I saw the offer in a forum post
William

@Sayan Kunti

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Since the offer has already run for at least three months I doubt it will reappear anytime soon, but who knows?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, Skye Tiles said:

I'm disappointed as I thought the half price offer was extended to 30 June!!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

It was initially 90 days ending on April 20, as I recall. Then it was extended 30 days to May 20, and then extended a final time to June 20.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...

Hello! long time affinity user, I know I was late too jump on buying the Affinity Publisher while it was on sale, sadly i just forgot to get it in time, is there anyway to still get it at the sale price? or do I wait for the next round of sales to come by, I know it was my fault i was just curious if i was lucky enough to maybe still be able to get it:) thank you! 

• Staff

@rodolforamirorivera

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Sorry but our "We Want To Help Again" sale was on for 162 days and it has now, eventually finished. There are bound to be some users who narrowly miss out no matter when we finish, but we think that it's still good value even at full price.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon