You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

added noise is seen as a a grid when saved in TIFF

srg

Interesting, I’ve never experienced that myself.
What settings were used in the noise filter?
Dose it happen with both types of filter? Live and/or Destructive?
What export settings were used in the TIFF?
Would you be able to provide an example AP file and it’s TIFF output that always shows this behaviour for you, so others here on the forums could poke about and maybe see what’s going on?

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

2 hours ago, markw said:

Interesting, I’ve never experienced that myself.
What settings were used in the noise filter?
Dose it happen with both types of filter? Live and/or Destructive?
What export settings were used in the TIFF?
Would you be able to provide an example AP file and it’s TIFF output that always shows this behaviour for you, so others here on the forums could poke about and maybe see what’s going on?

It happens with the destructive filter only. what happens with the life filter was discussed in a previous post of mine but not sure how to show it here.

If the moderators wants the file I will be happy to provide all the info.

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi srg,
I'm having trouble reproducing this here with the destructive Add Noise filter. Can you please upload the problematic afphoto file for me to check please? Thank you.

Thank you MEB. I uploaded the .photo and its .TIFF export.

When I open the TIFF in AP it's OK but with other programs such as preview or Epson Print Layout (which I use to print and I consider a very good printing program) it opens with the grid.

• Staff

Hi srg,
Thanks for the files. The exported TIFF file looks the same in all apps - the pattern/grid is visible in all of them including Affinity Photo (see image comparison below Apple Preview, Photoshop, Affinity Photo - check it at 100% since the pattern isn't visible/noticeable when viewing at a smaller size in the browser as displayed in the post) however there's instances where Affinity Photo does display the exported TIFF "correctly" (without the pattern) - this seems some redraw issue which i will pass to the dev team.

The afphoto file however seems to display the file correctly every time (no pattern/grid) in Affinity Photo. Something then goes wrong when we export the file to TIFF as the pattern then becomes visible as you noticed. I'm logging this issue as well.

pattern_TIFF_exported_file.png