You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Difference VS windows

Demys

Hello,

I bought affinity photo on ipad and i'm currently testing it to see how powerfull it is, for the most part it's ok, even faster than on my 4 years old laptop...

But I'm facing a problem with colors. I'm working on a file, wich come from blender as a multi layered EXR 32bits, and is used with the blender ocio config file.

At first i thought that maybe it was due to the quality and none calibrated display of the laptop vs the more correct ipad pro display, but after comparing two export on the same display the difference was still there.

What you can see on the picture are the results, on the top the windows export, on the bottom the ipad.

I don't know wich one is the "correct" one, but there is clearly a difference in contrast/brightness. The windows one looks more ok to me compared to the base blender  3d render.

Both export used the exact same afphoto file, ocio config and defaut png settings.

Thanks

Bug.jpg

• Staff

Hey Demys,

I think this might be to do with a recent issue I've been looking into. For some reason, I'm struggling to get the iPad to create the package for the OCIO. Can you confirm if yours is set and loading correctly from the Preferences > Colour tab?

Hi,

I reloaded the profile both time, each time i don't see any info or confirmation if it's ok or not.

But when i'm with the hand tool i have all the viewing option i should have with my ocio profile, color space vew transform etc at the bottom of the screen. So i guess the profile is "correctly" loaded