You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi! I love Affinity Designer, BUT this problem is a HUGE headache to me

I set a color that looks great in the workspace (within Affinity Designer) to my text, objects, etc. I export it and ALL THE COLORS are extremely OVERSATURATED, a moderate yellow looks like a highlighter yellow, Please fix this issue and help me QUICK! The image on the right is the one after export opened in windows photos, left is affinity designerto-the-forumn-screenshot.png

• Staff

Hi Adnan S,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the afdesign file shown in the screenshot please? I've put those RGB Hex values into a new document (RGB/8 sRGB) and it is giving me the colour of the document on the right. Putting the #FCC305 colour into a Hex Colour picker will also show it as the vibrant yellow: https://www.color-hex.com/color/fcc305

I would assume the colour profile of your document (possibly even your monitor's profile) is modifying this colour considerably.

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Adnan S,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the afdesign file shown in the screenshot please? I've put those RGB Hex values into a new document (RGB/8 sRGB) and it is giving me the colour of the document on the right. Putting the #FCC305 colour into a Hex Colour picker will also show it as the vibrant yellow: https://www.color-hex.com/color/fcc305

I would assume the colour profile of your document (possibly even your monitor's profile) is modifying this colour considerably.

Capture.PNG

Thanks! For the quick reply! Here's the file:

To the forumn.afdesign

• Staff

Thanks for the file,

It is opening up with the more vivid yellow for me. I then compared my Colour Panel to the one in the screenshot and can see that mine is definitely more vivid in the yellows and greens. Therefore I think it may be your monitor's colour profile muting those colours a little bit.

Can you click on the Start menu and search for 'Color Management'. From there can you ensure your monitor is selected in the Device drop down and attach a screenshot of the dialog please? If you click 'Use my settings for this device' you will be allowed to click the 'Add' button below. If you click that and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and click OK it will allow you to force the monitor to use that profile, which will allow Affinity to use the correct range of colours, not the muted ones that profile is offering.

ColourPanel.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi, Thank you so much! This fixed my issue, now the colors are the same in both affinity and the exported file. I can't thank you enoough for your dedication and quick replies!

I added the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in the color management and restarted affinity and the colors match perfectly!

Just one question, how can I replace the saturated colors with the colors I originally intended to?