You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Marquee option in histogram not working

I cannot use the option "Marquee" to show the histogram of the pixel selection. This happens every time in every file. It seems when there is a selection, histogram freezes, even if I selected "Layer" option instead of "Marquee".

I've recorded a video and also uploaded the .afphoto file in the video.

I'm using Windows 10 Home, x64, version 18363, and the latest version of Affinity Photo in Microsoft Store 1.8.3.641 downloaded yesterday.

bug_reproduce.afphoto

• Staff

Hey OrangeMeow, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I can reproduce this when I open your file and I can get the Histogram to update when I convert from CMYK 8 to RGB 8.

However I cannot reproduce this from creating a CMYK 8 document—really not sure what's going wrong here to be honest. I've asked development to take a peek. 

7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey OrangeMeow, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I can reproduce this when I open your file and I can get the Histogram to update when I convert from CMYK 8 to RGB 8.

However I cannot reproduce this from creating a CMYK 8 document—really not sure what's going wrong here to be honest. I've asked development to take a peek. 

In fact, in my Affinity Photo, RGB file also have this problem. (I first found this problem in a RGB picture, then I created another file to capture a video.)

I don't see complaints about this problem on the forum. Although it seems to make no sense, but are there differences between versions, and could it because the Chinese version or Microsoft store version?

• Staff

We've figured it out.

So it looks like you're saving the document with an active marquee selection, when this happens, the Histogram fails to update on document load. If you deselect it, the Histogram wakes up immediately (for me).

I have logged a bug and assigned it to a developer. 

13 hours ago, Chris B said:

We've figured it out.

So it looks like you're saving the document with an active marquee selection, when this happens, the Histogram fails to update on document load. If you deselect it, the Histogram wakes up immediately (for me).

I have logged a bug and assigned it to a developer. 

That's another bug. I tried to save with a selection, and yes, the Histogram fails on the next load, until the marquee is deselected. But that's not a serious problem though.

What I'm experienced is that I cannot see the Histogram of a certain marquee selection. However I try, it just doesn't work.

This time I tried to save with or without a marquee selection, and with or without the "Marquee" option selected, the problem remains.

Also, I converted the document into RGB 8, the problem remains, I will attach the .afphoto file here.

The first video is when I try to save with or without a marquee selection.

The second video is when I convert it into RGB 8.

bug_reproduce_RGB.afphoto