You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Effects Without Antialiasing - Coverage Map?

Hello All,

In Affinity Design, is there a way to adjust the coverage map for the parts added with effects (outline, shadow etc.)

For example: I have a shape that is without any transparency because of the coverage map I used, however, when I add an outline in the effects, the added outline does have transparency. I don't want that.

Sorry if this is basic but I just started to use the software. Is there a way to turn it off completely?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 6/21/2020 at 4:57 PM, hcem said:

Sorry if this is basic but I just started to use the software. Is there a way to turn it off completely?

Sorry for the delay in getting back you hcem, it's not possible to disable this.  The Outline/effect doesn't use the coverage map, which is why you are get this result :( 

Hello stokerg, thanks for the feedback! For now I used outer glow with highest intensity + strokes with specific settings + adjusted the design etc.

I think a general turn on/off option would be appreciated by users who design with memory limitations in mind.  For example game art.