You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paolo here.  aka the picture guy.  I bought the Affinity Photo app within the first 2 weeks of its release.  I’ve been watching the tutorials and have been following along to learn.....

But when they get to inpainting i noticed i do not have the brush on the right hand side.  When i click on the bandaid, it doesn’t give any choices, and when i used help, it shows inpainting under edit, but it is not highlighted so it won’t turn on.  

This was one of the features i have been looking forward to most, and i don’t even have !

HELP!!

Hello Paolo,

I am just a novice, so I hesitate to ask. But I wanted to make sure you clicked on the little triangle at the bottom right corner, where the bandaid shows up? This should open up the multiple selections to the right, which includes the inpainting brush. Again, I am not with Affinity, and only a novice user, so my response may be way off. Good luck.

Hi Paolo

Are you in Photo Persona (the leftmost icon on the top left of the main window) ?

You have to click and not let go until you get five different options.

Inpainting will be one of them.

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6

That is a really good point. If you are first loading a RAW image, you are in the Develop Persona, and you have to develop the RAW file first to get to the PHOTO PERSONA. This is where the bandaid you want is. That has the multiple selection window where the inpainting tool is.

• Staff

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem. 

I've looked for the inpainting brush in vain. 

I've tried to look for it in the settings. No way (See the link)

Someone can explain why i can't see the icon please ? 

Tks 

Hi jROm,

The Inpainting tool is just in-between the Pen and Smudge tool on your screen shot. I have circled it just incase you still can't find it. Hope this helps :)

C

post-12469-0-88585200-1439478170_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 7 months later...

Hi jROm,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Press and hold the Healing Brush Tool icon until a small menu appear, then select the Inpainting Brush Tool from there. See attached screenshot.

It's already visible on your screenshot above the Pen Tool.

attachicon.gifinpainting_brush.png

It might be a good idea to edit the very first tutorial so show this. This is not mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have tried all of this and cannot find this tool at all. I also cannot find the healing brush tool. HELP please...

Please see my reply to your later post here. In the default layout, the toolbar containing the Healing Brush Tool flyout (where you will also find the Inpainting Brush Tool) is down the left-hand side of the application window.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

OK it appears as though I have downloaded Affinity Designer but I clicked on the button on the website for Affinity photo. That seems to be the problem. So can I exchange this in any way? I was really wanting Affinity photo. It looks as though the website is confusing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Every time you use the tool it leaves an icon of the last tool that you used. For example if you use the red eye removal tool then you would see the red eye icon where you might expect to see the band aid icon. I bit confusing methinks...

6 minutes ago, patman said:

Every time you use the tool it leaves an icon of the last tool that you used. For example if you use the red eye removal tool then you would see the red eye icon where you might expect to see the band aid icon. I bit confusing methinks...

That's done to save screen space. If you don't like it, you can use View > Customize Tools to adjust it to suit your needs.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1