You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reapply Base Styles button

Feature desired:

Though I've added a keyboard shortcut for (Menu) Text > Reapply Base Style..  a Reapply Base Style button in the toolbar and Studio panel next to the style dropdown would be really great.

Why:

The Reapply Base Styles command is needed a lot, repeatedly, when working on text layout and small amends, yet it's only currently accessible in one place.

Text often picks-up additional settings that create the "+" next to the style title. InDesign does exactly the same.

When you're working with the layout of text, shuffling sentences, adding returns, making small amends sent in yet again by the marketing team, etc, it seems to simply be how it is. It's just the nature of the work.

It'd be a disproportionately valuable feature for a small ask.

Well done, team

If this is all I'm finding by way of things I'm missing (so far), then we're in a great place. Well done Serif.

-----------------------------------------

Ignoring the big one:

I'm parking the import/export of InDesign files thing when making the comment above. Import/export InDesign is 'the' biggie . I know it's on Serif's radar, so fair enough.

Though it has been said in many places elsewhere here, it's always worth repeating. Import/Export InDesign files is the biggie because it means I simply can't come over to Affinity 100%.

The studios I freelance for are entirely invested in Adobe. Once Serif put import/export in place though, the stage is set to be a giant killer. Studios moved from QuarkXpress even though "everyone" in the design industry used it many years ago. So never say never.

What's QuarkXpress? Exactly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

On 6/21/2020 at 6:15 AM, ProDesigner said:

I'm parking the import/export of InDesign files thing when making the comment above. Import/export InDesign is 'the' biggie . I know it's on Serif's radar, so fair enough.

InDesign import via IDML is already here, but I am not aware of any promise or hint of a promise yet that Serif has any plans for anything further in this regard, such as import of INDD or even export of IDML. Have I forgotten something?

Ah, I'm out of date. I did have the impression from somewhere that importing .indd was in the scheme. I can see it'd be too much to ask though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.