You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.8.3: Zoom In View Not Dispalying Correctly

Following screenshots were taken to show issue and I did not edit file between different screenshots or zoom levels.

Screenshot 1 shows a zoomed in view - note "2 shards" sticking out of light green outline around central darker green colour.

Screenshot 2 shows a different zoomed in level - note only "1 shard" when I zoomed in further, sticking out of light green outline around central darker green colour.

Screenshot 3 shows full picture.

Basically the shards are not in original file,  they are only displaying in different zoom levels with this issue.

As this is not an issue with stroke tool, it is only how the stroke is "displayed", it is not a major issue, it would be just nice to see "correct and accurate" view of illustration in different zoom levels.

I can send original Affinity Designer file if required.

I am using Affinity Designer 1.8.3 on an Apple Macbook Air from early 2015, using Operating System MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Let me know if any other information and or files I can provide to assist with possibly fixing this.

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

• Staff

Thanks for the file - we do have this issue logged - it generally happens when large strokes are applied to small areas/corners and they kind of end up falling in on themselves. If you increase the Mitre value to around 2-3 you should find they actually stop appearing.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file - we do have this issue logged - it generally happens when large strokes are applied to small areas/corners and they kind of end up falling in on themselves. If you increase the Mitre value to around 2-3 you should find they actually stop appearing.

Thank you. What does "Mitre" actually do?