Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello , any one knows how can i do this color harmony ? I want to know how can i creat this , i saw a vedio on youtube but it was with photoshop , so anyone knows how to do this with affinity photo or designer ? Thanks

Vedio link

 

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠٦٢١-٠٨١٩٣٦_YouTube.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That video is nearly twenty minutes long.
Is there a specific thing within it that you would like some help with recreating in the Affinity software?
P.S. The audio is not in English so I cannot follow what is being said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wants to make the colour circle, which can be done in a similar way to the process in Photoshop, there are a few steps slightly different like changing groups from Passthrough to normal. but basically it’s the same. 


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GarryP said:

That video is nearly twenty minutes long.
Is there a specific thing within it that you would like some help with recreating in the Affinity software?
P.S. The audio is not in English so I cannot follow what is being said.

Hello , thanks for your interest i really appreciate that , as the brother said i want to make this harmonic circle (in the picture) , the following video is just to show you how to do it in photoshop , no need for the sound just if you do not know look how he did it , maybe there isna way in affinity but in different method , Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So which part of the coloured circle do you need help in producing?
I don’t think anyone will take the time to show/tell you how to reproduce the whole thing in Affinity so if you tell us how far you have got with it and what you are stuck on we can probably advise better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GarryP said:

So which part of the coloured circle do you need help in producing?
I don’t think anyone will take the time to show/tell you how to reproduce the whole thing in Affinity so if you tell us how far you have got with it and what you are stuck on we can probably advise 

To be honest i think that too 😅

Iam stuck at 8:45 , He did the (gradient overlay effect)  but those setting are not the same with me ,  so if any one have the time just go to this min and see what he didi , no need for sound just note what he did ,i tried but iam still not that good with affinity.thanks in advanced.

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠٦٢١-١٥٥٢٣٩_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a specific reason why you want to replicate this, or are you just practising/experimenting with the software?
I only ask as there may be easier ways to do what you want depending on what you are trying to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, os design said:

Iam stuck at 8:45 , He did the (gradient overlay effect)  but those setting are not the same with me

He applied a gradient consisting of gray value stripes, which is a stock gradient that comes with Photoshop with overlaid start and end stops with identical color values to get a stepped outlook. You can create a similar effect with Affinity apps but I am not sure if there is a pre-made gradient for this effect, of if the settings, once created, can be saved as a gradient swatch. But it can at least be saved as a style.

I created this with ellipses (pie sectors), but converted them to pixels to be able to easily create the additional sector colors.

.colorwheel.afphoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GarryP said:

Is there a specific reason why you want to replicate this, or are you just practising/experimenting with the software?
I only ask as there may be easier ways to do what you want depending on what you are trying to do.

To be honest i want to do the both , but i want to know how more than i want it already ready , and i have other question, that i have purchased affinity photo and designer on my PC , But some times i got tired working on the desktop , so i want to install and use affinity on my laptop ,Can i use it at both PC and laptop ? Or should i buy another license ?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lagarto said:

He applied a gradient consisting of gray value stripes, which is a stock gradient that comes with Photoshop with overlaid start and end stops with identical color values to get a stepped outlook. You can create a similar effect with Affinity apps but I am not sure if there is a pre-made gradient for this effect, of if the settings, once created, can be saved as a gradient swatch. But it can at least be saved as a style.

I created this with ellipses (pie sectors), but converted them to pixels to be able to easily create the additional sector colors.

.colorwheel.afphoto

Thanks alot 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you own both machines then you can install the software on both machines without any extra payment.
Just install it on your laptop the same way you did on your desktop machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, os design said:

Can i use it at both PC and laptop ? 

Assuming both run Windows or both run MacOS, yes.

(There are some additional considerations for Windows if you purchased from the Microsoft Store, as both machines would need to run Windows 10.)


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.