You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

He wants to make the colour circle, which can be done in a similar way to the process in Photoshop, there are a few steps slightly different like changing groups from Passthrough to normal. but basically it’s the same. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

That video is nearly twenty minutes long.
Is there a specific thing within it that you would like some help with recreating in the Affinity software?
P.S. The audio is not in English so I cannot follow what is being said.

Hello , thanks for your interest i really appreciate that , as the brother said i want to make this harmonic circle (in the picture) , the following video is just to show you how to do it in photoshop , no need for the sound just if you do not know look how he did it , maybe there isna way in affinity but in different method , Thanks

So which part of the coloured circle do you need help in producing?
I don’t think anyone will take the time to show/tell you how to reproduce the whole thing in Affinity so if you tell us how far you have got with it and what you are stuck on we can probably advise better.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

So which part of the coloured circle do you need help in producing?
I don’t think anyone will take the time to show/tell you how to reproduce the whole thing in Affinity so if you tell us how far you have got with it and what you are stuck on we can probably advise 

To be honest i think that too 😅

Iam stuck at 8:45 , He did the (gradient overlay effect)  but those setting are not the same with me ,  so if any one have the time just go to this min and see what he didi , no need for sound just note what he did ,i tried but iam still not that good with affinity.thanks in advanced.

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠٦٢١-١٥٥٢٣٩_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

Is there a specific reason why you want to replicate this, or are you just practising/experimenting with the software?
I only ask as there may be easier ways to do what you want depending on what you are trying to do.

To be honest i want to do the both , but i want to know how more than i want it already ready , and i have other question, that i have purchased affinity photo and designer on my PC , But some times i got tired working on the desktop , so i want to install and use affinity on my laptop ,Can i use it at both PC and laptop ? Or should i buy another license ?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Lagarto said:

He applied a gradient consisting of gray value stripes, which is a stock gradient that comes with Photoshop with overlaid start and end stops with identical color values to get a stepped outlook. You can create a similar effect with Affinity apps but I am not sure if there is a pre-made gradient for this effect, of if the settings, once created, can be saved as a gradient swatch. But it can at least be saved as a style.

I created this with ellipses (pie sectors), but converted them to pixels to be able to easily create the additional sector colors.

.colorwheel.afphoto

Thanks alot 🙏

18 hours ago, os design said:

Can i use it at both PC and laptop ? 

Assuming both run Windows or both run MacOS, yes.

(There are some additional considerations for Windows if you purchased from the Microsoft Store, as both machines would need to run Windows 10.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1