You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am preparing some templates panels (eg 4x2) and I am stuck in the decision on what to do, because I want to use the ability of Designer to create artboards and export them at once with different names; but at the same time I would like to have the ability to place `picture frames` in my template, so I can be sure that the pictures I add have the same dimensions. 

I tried to make the template in Publisher, but then the `picture frame` is editable only once if I open the same file with Designer -- so, if I make a mistake and need to insert the picture again the `picture frame` would not be there. 

On the other way, if I make the template in Designer, and open it in Publisher I have to add the `picture frame` one by one, and export all the artboards one by one.

tl:dr: What would be the best way make a template where you can have `picture frames` to add pictures in different artboards, and export the artboards with one click? 

Thank you in advance

Leo

42 minutes ago, lsilva.m said:

tl:dr: What would be the best way make a template where you can have `picture frames` to add pictures in different artboards, and export the artboards with one click? 

Hello @lsilva.m,

in Designer just don't use picture frames at all but rectangles instead. Place your image(s) and make sure they are inside a rectangle that serves as a 'cropping mask'.

If you then want to replace the image click on the image and select 'Replace image' from the toolbar. This way the image preserves it's dimensions and you can adust the parts of the image that have to be shown if needed.

Does this perhaps work for you?
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

28 minutes ago, dominik said:

Does this perhaps work for you?

It might work.

But meanwhile I been trying, and I came with the following solution: create a simple `picture frame` in Publisher and then open the file in Designer, from there I copy pasted the `picture frame` to make the panels I needed. To keep the frame, I created a new asset were I have it now -- this way I can have a backup with the same aspect ratio of the saved `picture frame`. 

It looks like this:

2020-06-20.png.075d092b9a4ae28dbe9e01047826250d.png

During the next weeks I will test it, and check it smooths my workflow. 

Thank you

leo

34 minutes ago, lsilva.m said:

It might work.

But meanwhile I been trying, and I came with the following solution: create a simple `picture frame` in Publisher and then open the file in Designer, from there I copy pasted the `picture frame` to make the panels I needed. To keep the frame, I created a new asset were I have it now -- this way I can have a backup with the same aspect ratio of the saved `picture frame`. 

It looks like this:

2020-06-20.png.075d092b9a4ae28dbe9e01047826250d.png

During the next weeks I will test it, and check it smooths my workflow. 

Thank you

leo

Hi,

good to see you going. There are multiple ways to accomplish these tasks in the suite. I'd be interested if this works for you.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, lsilva.m said:

it is working wonders!

Best hack I could do in affinity in the last time: save a picture frame from publisher in one asset in designer!

Thanks for coming back. Good to hear you found a solution. This may be of value to others as well 🙂

Cheers,
d.