You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher issues setting image dpi

Many times I have had to replace images in a Publisher document. Upon placement the dpi, though the images are already at 300 dpi, will switch to 299 and correcting it maens jumping back and forth in the X and Y dpi fields until it takes. Sometimes this means a few tries to get 300 dpi to stick. Thought you should know. 

With the move tool selected, look at the place on the context toolbar where the DPI is displayed.  Click on it and a panel opens where you can set the DPI directly, numerically, rather than playing with the Transform panel until it happens to line up - this works with an image that is out on its own as well as one that is in a frame:

image.png.a7c27ef39a6f7c3985a5e9f0d9999147.png

image.png.d6c3d8d1bdcaaa899c557cefbef8bd32.png

interesting.

I was able to reproduce this.

This thread is in the wrong place in the forum - it should be moved to the appropriate bug report section.

I'm not sure which platform you are on, but I reproduced it on the Mac:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/77-photo-bugs-found-on-macos/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/78-photo-bugs-found-on-windows/