You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Guys don't know if someone encounter in this situation.

I'm working on Template file I previously create. So now when I create either a text box or art text box they have a wired stroke. The thing is you can't remove. 

So I thought maybe it is Publisher. If I create a new doc ... it work just fine without that wired outline around the box.

As you can see in the second screen, although the box is selected there isn't any assigned colour on the stroke.

Was it this already catch by anyone? If not happy to spot this and hopefully will be addressed.

Best

M

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 15.28.43.png

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 18.02.36.png

59 minutes ago, marcoborghesi said:

this is still a bug I presume? because it should apply automatically the stroke? 

I don't understand that comment. If you had a stroke specified in the Text Frame panel, then it did automatically apply it, just as you asked.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, marcoborghesi said:

Sorry. my bad. It shouldn't LOL I correct my sentence

Thanks for the correction.

Still not a bug, I think. If you've said to apply a stroke, it would be a bug if it didn't. And you seem to have your Frame Text Tool set (via the Text Frame panel) to apply a stroke.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for the correction.

Still not a bug, I think. If you've said to apply a stroke, it would be a bug if it didn't. And you seem to have your Frame Text Tool set (via the Text Frame panel) to apply a stroke.

I think it is. The stroke is applied by default when I create the text box and it shouldn't. This is happening, as I mention in my first post, on my previously saved template.
In a new document when you create a text box, it hasn't any stroke as it should be. 

14 minutes ago, marcoborghesi said:

I think it is. The stroke is applied by default when I create the text box and it shouldn't. This is happening, as I mention in my first post, on my previously saved template.
In a new document when you create a text box, it hasn't any stroke as it should be. 

That merely indicates that you had the default set to have a stroke when you created that template.

Probably you had created a text frame with a stroke, and that default got saved with your template when you saved it.

(This is kind of an interesting "catch-22", because users complain when tools don't remember the last-used settings, and sometimes then complain when they do remember them :) )

-- Walt
PC:

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That merely indicates that you had the default set to have a stroke when you created that template.

Probably you had created a text frame with a stroke, and that default got saved with your template when you saved it.

(This is kind of an interesting "catch-22", because users complain when tools don't remember the last-used settings, and sometimes then complain when they do remember them :) )

I'm still not convinced LOL. I think it is a bug. But I'm not a developer LOL

On 6/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, walt.farrell said:

This is kind of an interesting "catch-22", because users complain when tools don't remember the last-used settings, and sometimes then complain when they do remember them :)

4 hours ago, marcoborghesi said:

I think it is a bug.

It's not a bug depending of the app. It's an interesting feature in AD and AP when drawing since usually you use the same pen (stroke style: width, colour, etc.) to do a serie of strokes or objects, but a terrible feature in a DTP app.

If for some reason you had to modify something in your previous text frame, adjusting text leading or tracking, for example,  you don't want this modification to propagate to all your document and paragraphs, but the next frame to be the "default" styles (text, frame, text styles, etc.) to have an harmonious feel to the pages. Problem with Affinity apps, they tend to keep slight modifications in memory, and to apply them to your next object.

To avoid this, since there's no proper Object style as we know in other apps, that we can define and modify and reset, like a text style, you need either to create all your objects/frames in a row, or go back and find a "clean" object to dupplicate to be sure it's having the desired proprieties.