You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Olympus EM1 MARK III Raw image error on iPad

Hi, I am using affinity photo 1.8.3 on iPad 10.5 and I bought a new Olympus EM1 MARK III. When I try to add a raw image, ı got an error. (the file type is not supported) when I use lightroom cc there is no problem, affinity needs to fix this problem. Also other Olympus models don't have this problem. My old cam was E-m10 Mark 3 and I can edit all raw files. 

• Staff

Hi @Helmutlive,

I can confirm that none of your posts have been removed, one has been edited however to remove obscene language.

The reasons your post did not show at first was due to our automatic content approval system for new members, which means their posts do not show until approved by a moderator, as your posts have now been approved, this will not happen again automatically and your posts should show instantly.

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way regarding Affinity, unfortunately due to the current pandemic our team are all working from home at the moment which has increased our response time to be longer than usual. This is something we're trying our best to stay on top of and we appreciate your patience and understanding here.

The issue raised in the post by @m.n is unfortunately due to an incompatible RAW file, Affinity Photo uses the Apple Core RAW engine on iPad, and as can be seen from the following link this RAW file is not currently supported - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210191

As we use the Apple Core RAW engine, we have to wait for Apple to add support for this file before you can develop it within Affinity Photo for iOS and therefore there is nothing we can do to add support for this at this time, my apologies.

We do care, and we do try hard to be the best we can be. I'm sorry if you feel Affinity is no longer right for you.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 months later...

Any update available? I’ve been using Affinity on iPad and Mac with my Olympus EM1 Mk2 without a problem. I upgraded to the Mk3 yesterday and encountered this problem. Hopefully there is a fix/update as I love Affinity but need to Apple to work with RAW EM1 Mok 3 files. I appreciate this isn’t an Affinity issue. 

• Staff

Hi @Sdpoh,

Welcome to the forums :)

I've just checked the latest list from Apple for iPad OS 14, and unfortunately this camera is still not currently supported, my apologies. - https://support.apple.com/HT211241

I sincerely hope that Apple are able to add support for this camera model ASAP, perhaps contacting Apple directly and requesting this may help!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!