You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Olympus raw files not supported

I have an Olympus OM-D EM1 Mk11. I recently bought an Olympus OM-D EM1 Mk111. 

On my iPad Pro, Affinity opens up the raw ORF files from the Mk11 without a hitch. When I attempt to open up a raw ORF file from the Mk 111 an error message comes up (as seen in the attached image). I’ve contacted Affinity who say it is an Apple problem and to get in touch with them. Apple just refer me back to Affinity.

Has anyone else hit this problem? Did you find a way to resolve it? I really want to be able to use my iPad as part of my workflow and it’s a real pain having to use either my Mac or pc every single time. Incidentally, I can open up the Mk111 raw ORF files fine in Affinity on both computers. It’s only the iPad Pro that won’t work. 

Any help welcome!

Thanks!

52FD6DC6-054C-4EAC-ACEB-094E18C078F8.jpeg

• Staff

Hey SueRob,

Apple's supported camera list only has the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II. 

I'm not sure why they referred you back to use when they do not even list the camera. 

I've seen a review for this camera made in February and Apple updated this list at the end of March, so there's a chance support was not added yet if the camera was released around February. 

22 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey SueRob,

Apple's supported camera list only has the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II. 

I'm not sure why they referred you back to use when they do not even list the camera. 

I've seen a review for this camera made in February and Apple updated this list at the end of March, so there's a chance support was not added yet if the camera was released around February. 

Thanks, Chris.

Guess I’ll just have to wait and hope the Mk111 is added soon.

• 4 months later...

Hi Chris, I see it's been 5 months sine you posed this question, but Apple has not yet updated their list to include the Olympus M1 MarkIII, and I'm struggling to find a relatively easy way to open and edit ORF files. Olympic Workspace is way too slow ton my MAC to edit. Two questions : have you heard anything about when Apple may be adding / supporting this camera? and As I am considering Affinity to open and edit ORF files, do you know if it works on the MacBook Pro with the M1 MIII? You mentioned it opened on a MAC and pc, I'm wondering if your PC is a MAC?  

Thanks for any help, Kathy

11 hours ago, Kathy A said:

I'm struggling to find a relatively easy way to open and edit ORF files

Hi Kathy, have you checked out the beta version? It has the affinity raw decoder in addition to the Apple one. You could try it with the affinity decoder and it may/should work. You can install it separately to the release version. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

12 hours ago, DM1 said:

Hi Kathy, have you checked out the beta version? It has the affinity raw decoder in addition to the Apple one. You could try it with the affinity decoder and it may/should work. You can install it separately to the release version. 

Thank-you, I will check out that option. I greatly appreciate your response.