You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quality issues for DeNoise and RAW processing

Dear Development Department,

We notice Affinity Photo is extremely slow at opening a RAW CR2 file. Plus, it takes way too long to export it to another format such as PNG and others. I compared this to ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020 and this program just opens and process much faster. Have your software engineers work and improve their codes on the speed of Affinity Photo please. People don't like to waste time waiting for things to load and process.

Another issue is the noise removing feature DeNoise is mediocre at removing noise compare to ACDSee Ultimate 2020, Topaz DeNoise AI, and Imagenomic Noiseware Pro. Affinity Photo produce low quality results at removing all kinds of noise. All the other 3 software produces high quality result. Learn something from their techniques and improve your software accordingly. If you can incorporate all the great editing features from the others into your own, then you will have the ultimate image editing software out there. This is how you become the best, you learn from the best.

Furthermore, the Auto Color, Auto Contrast, Auto Levels, Auto Tone produces mediocre results too. They barely do anything to an image that are out of color, contrast, etc. Photoshop 2020 got this one right and it produces good results at balancing the colors and other things, but of course not perfect. You guys need to improve those feature to provide better results.

I had upload sample files for your reference and you can use them to apply to what I mentioned above. See if you guys can retouch the Red-Color-Cast image and the RAW image to make it more natural with your software and upload the result for our review.

That is for now. I will provide more ideas and feedbacks to help you guys improve your software.

Thanks

Blue-Color-Cast.jpg

Blue-Color-Cast_-_ACDSee_retouched.png

Red-Color-Cast.jpg

_MG_1253.CR2

We notice Affinity Photo is extremely slow at opening a RAW CR2 file

I downloaded the file you attached to your post, opened APh (latest release) and opened your RAW.  It appeared in the Develop Persona in exactly 7 seconds!  I'm afraid I don't consider that extremely slow!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.