You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tiled printing: A sweet reminder

As there is no bug section for the complete range of applications, I post this bug / reminder here.

And for sure this is a bug. If you offer a feature which is not working - not in retail, not in beta - means you have to fix it (soon) or offer it, when it is solid working.

My problem with tiled printing is, that you have no clue, where to combine? the printouts, as there are no tile marks. Additionally the printouts are not name like tile 1 of 6 or similar. Attached an image from ID as it should be for tiled printing.

Right now I use a large printer, but a while ago printing a dummy A0 on A4 using Affinity would have ended in a disaster (or more extra work).

tiling.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I'm afraid this is not a bug but an improvement request.

OK, do me a favour and print out an A0 document (best with some small images and a lot of white space) on A4 (best if the printer is not capable of edge-to-edge printing), cut it and glue it together. Measure how long it takes and judge how the output is. If you get this done fast and the final A0 looks good I am deeply impressed. Otherwise you should overthink your statement. :D

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed