You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Illustrators Opinion...

I'm mainly an illustrator using a tablet monitor to illustrate with in the suite of products. I want to find out how many of you out there are completely frustrated by the suite of products constantly losing the ability use hotkeys?

For instance, anyone having the issue with the ALT key causing the hotkeys to stop working, menu items show they have the ALT function triggered, as if the keyboard key is stuck (usually shows the menu item with an underscore _ )?

What about the Spacebar stopping the hand tool function, no longer being able to move the canvas?

My Experience: I've purchase a new logitech key board, I'm using a less than year old Cintiq and this is the only software I continually have issues with. The ALT key issue has finally caused me to stop illustrating in the software and move to other options. Within a minutes of ALT picking colors while painting, the hotkeys cease function and makes it impossible to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time. I'm at a lose and want to find how many of you are out there?

I'm using Windows, and not sure which app cause troubles, but I have problem when an Affinity app is open at the same time as TeamViewer that I need to access my PC at work from time to time while working from home (and usually I'm using ID).

It can be the Alt or Ctrl keys stuck, or the Del one stopping to function (really annoying too, since it's usefull in some app to switch to the move tool and is used a lot).

I'm also using Logitech mouse and keyboard, and Wacom or X-Pen devices. But the Logitech devices are simple, and the problem seems random.

The only workaround that avoid closing the session or rebooting is opening the visual keyboard and hitting the Del or problematic key. So I usually keep it opened and minimized in a screen when it begins...