Sign in to follow this  
alexal

[Fixed] moving multiple nodes

I am trying to move the center portions of the figure shown (the left edge of the rectangle along with the right endpoint of the line) while keeping the outer points fixed. No problem in AI: marquee select the center of the figure then move all selected nodes simultaneously. I couldn't manage to achieve this in Affinity, even if the nodes are selected as indicated in the attachment. Any idea what's wrong? 

post-16047-0-21598300-1438838693_thumb.png

Hi alexal

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure the rectangle is converted to curves, then select both objects change to the Node Tool, click on the right node of the line to select it , then press ⇧ (shift) and drag a marquee around the two nodes of the rectangle. You can then use the cursor r keys or mouse to drag the nodes.

Seems there's a bug here preventing you from selecting the end node of the line, dragging a marquee around the three nodes. I will log this to be looked at.

Hi, I just noted this reply -- just 8 months late ... :) -- I did as you instructed above (had done so when I posted the original message), but it still does not work. It really seems to be a bug. Given that the operation is used so often (at least in my work) it's funny that nobody else stumbled over it. 

Select the endpoint manually (with shift).

post-12544-0-77411900-1461513360_thumb.png

... but agree, bug. A marquee should get 'em all.

EDIT: Ironically, after the move above a marquee select around the three points DOES select them all. Go figure.

EDIT 2: If fact the original fail only seems to happen with a horizontal line. On a line with a slight angle the endpoint is included in the marquee selection.  :huh: