You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug of the pixel mode

Hi,

I  bought designer yesterday and it was working great, until now.. My problem is that I can't draw on pixel mode but the vectoriel is working. As a result i can't neither draw or modify my precedents drawings.

I also can't modify the calques or use any props of the pixel mode. I did disinstall and reinstall the latest version , can you help ?

(sorry if my explanation is unclear, my english needs improvement)

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Esther.

I'm not sure  I understand what's happening (a video would help, if you can provide one), but perhaps your document has a pixel selection active? If so, the tools would be effective only within that selection. If so, Select > Deselect (default shortcut Ctrl+D) would remove the selection, and allow the tools to work again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer. I have already try to deselect but nothing is selected. 

I am going to try to be more clear: When i open Designer and open one of my files (which is a drawing that i did on Designer), i can not modify anything on it exept chosing one calque or another. I can't erase anything i did before or draw something new on the file even if it is apparently modify as the files's window says. Basically i can't modify my originals, maybe it come from a problem with the calques themselves.. I don't know what to try i've been looking for what i can think about but i'm not use to the app yet

I mean the tracing sheets, when you draw something and the add a layer to draw over it . Not sure that's pretty clear... 

But the problem seems to be resolved,, i apparently created a bloody lot of layer sheets over my drawing, i deleted them and it's working again. I've still got a lot to learn about how to use the app fluently :) 

Thanks a lot for helping!