You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TK Panels is a pretty solid PS plugin for enhancing/simplifying the management of luminosity masks. Current version is V7, however V6 is still very capable and has been offered free for a while now;

https://goodlight.us/writing/actionspanelv6/panelv6.html

I have tried the installer as well as a manual install into the default plugin folder as well as pointing the plugin search directories directly at it. So far I have not been able to get Affinity Photo to pick it up. Is this plugin something I should be expecting to get working with Affinity? If so, any pointers as to what I can look for as to why it isn't being picked up?

Is the file in your plugins folder an .8bf file? Affinity will only work with .8bf files, and only if they adhere pretty strictly to Photoshop plugin specifications.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

9 hours ago, John Rostron said:

Is the file in your plugins folder an .8bf file? Affinity will only work with .8bf files, and only if they adhere pretty strictly to Photoshop plugin specifications.

John

No. No it is not. I was never a PS user, so this tip is great for what to keep an eye on for compatibility.

9 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Astro Road,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This plugin will not work in Affinity Photo. We do not support plugins relying on automation, actions or custom UI panels. Only basic image filters are supported.

That is a pity as this would've made life a lot easier. Thanks for letting me know.