You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why can´t I use my macros for batch processing?

Hi dear community, 

I hope someone can help me: I want to try batch processing for some jpg pictures in Affinity (photo persona). I worked a little bit with macros before and a saved some simple ones in the library (default), all working on jpeg. 

When opening the dialog "new batch job" the space where I´m supposed to choose the macros I want to use is empty ("available macros" as well as the space below that). 

What am I doing wrong? 

I am using the newest version 1.8.3 on Windows. 

Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

Miriam

batch macros.jpg

Hi, do the "Ansicht -> Studio -> Bibliothek" and "Ansicht -> Studio -> Makro" panels contain any macros, do you havealready loaded some there in?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I wonder why yours on Win for a german localisation writes there "Default" for the macros category, since on macOS it writes this localized as "Standard" instead. - Maybe something got's puzzled on Win then between localization usages and thus those don't show up under the batch processing ("der Stapelverarbeitung"). But that's just a guess into the dark here, so some other german Win user can better tell you then if "Default" is normal under Win systems or not then.

Under macOS it looks like this for the german localization...

standard.png.52714a1a1a185078fc5aa1571d83ca67.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Solved it! Thank you for the hint! 

I reseted the user settings (when pressing and holding strg (/ctrl) while starting Affinity, it shows options on which settings to reset) - of course after exporting macros and settings for afterwards. 

After that the default category was gone, and after importing macros I was able to use them for a batch job.