You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating greeting cards with Affinity Photo

I haven't decided on Affinity yet.  I want to create greeting cards using my own photographs. I want to know if I can use Affinity Photo to design greeting cards?  I have looked at Photoshop Elements and it doesn't allow many options at all e.g. a square image.  Also PE doesn't allow me to format how the text should appear on the back of the card.  I would want to produce a card design and save it as a PDF so that I can send the complete design (showing bleed margins etc) to a printer for actual production of a quality greeting card.  Thanking you in anticipation  :)

• Staff

Hi Fioled,

Welcome to the forums.

At the moment there is no bleed tool in Affinity Photo however it is on our roadmap. You could add a manual bleed by making your document a little bigger than it is supposed to be. In terms of the format it depends on how the printer wants the document to be setup. Sometimes the front and the back are split into separate PDFS.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.