You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro edit - Delete to End capability

The APh macro capability is very powerful, and I’m sure there are plans in the backlog to facilitate the typical “programming” activities. Adding a basic ability to delete steps to the end would make developing longer macros much less painful. I realize the full set of editing capabilities could be a big effort, but that is not what I am asking for right now.

Currently one can record a number of steps, stop, and then repeat the process. This allows developing longer/more complex macros one chunk at a time. But even with this approach a single mistake is a big setback as it requires starting over. 

If you could add a simple opposite “partial deletion” that would be a huge help. Just to be clear, I’m thinking of something like right click on a step and select a menu like (Delete to End). For example, with a 20-step macro, clicking on step 12 and the (Delete to End) context menu would yield a macro with the first 11 steps, where one can resume adding steps at step 12. I realize this allows the potential for recording a new step 12 that does not make sense in the context of the old step 11, but it seems this risk already exists given one can currently add to an existing macro. Also, I would gladly assume this risk for the benefits afforded. There are similar discussions on the forum elsewhere so I am not a lone requestor.

Thanks for considering.