You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity deletes layers and actions

Hi, I got an iPad Pro for photo editing and bought affinity photo for the iPad. It is a great software but yesterday I stumbled upon an issue. Sometimes when editing affinity photo will undo my last step that I’d taken. For example healing tool, duplicate layer etc. 

that is not acceptable imho. Is there a bug or something? I run the latest version I got from the Apple store. 

thanks in advance 

christian

Two-finger touch works as the Undo gesture in Affinity and other iPad software and, because the iPad is built for multi-finger gestures, you can't rely on palm rejection such as you would with Wacom-style or Windows tablets that are heavily stylus-focused. Not definitive, but this might be what is causing your symptoms if you're new to using an iPad e.g. a touch with the heel of your hand and a knuckle, or two knuckles, might read as an Undo gesture. If you're using touch, not an Apple Pencil, it's even easier to do accidentally (well, it is for me). The two simultaneous touches can be widely separated, they don't have to be side by side.

Some users draw without anything but the Pencil tip touching the screen, like real-life media. I'm getting better at that, but I find an artist's glove, especially those with extra side thickness such as Elecom or, better, DokiWear, to be helpful for countering hand touches on the screen. Personally, I've found the thin single-layer Lycra ones to be considerably less effective, although they're usually cheaper.

If you're left-handed, watch out for gripping the iPad such that you touch the screen where the Undo icon is located.