Sign in to follow this  
randomjames

Designer having issues starting up

Hey, when I'm opening the app today, it's having issues.

It opens to the Featured Work panel, however there's nothing in there. Then I can't do anything within the app. Can't close the panel or open a New Document.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Mac App Store. I'm running the latest beta release of 10.11 (15A243d)

Hey, when I'm opening the app today, it's having issues.

It opens to the Featured Work panel, however there's nothing in there. Then I can't do anything within the app. Can't close the panel or open a New Document.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Mac App Store. I'm running the latest beta release of 10.11 (15A243d)

Same issue! Same beta!

I also uninstalled and installed several times, but not fixed. Cannot do anything with it, it's just stuck. And I have an assignment due tomorrow!!!  :wacko:

Hi and welcome here …  :)

Please have a look at this post: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/11531-affinity-apps-doesnt-work-with-el-capitan/?p=49877

(The App Store versions of the Affinity applications are buggy under El Capitan. But the latest betas of the Affinity applications include a fix for that. You can install them alongside the App Store versions: they don’t interfere with them. But make sure not to delete the App Store versions. Otherwise the betas won’t launch. Hope that helps.)

(And please have in mind that El Capitan is in beta …)

Cheers, Alex