You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet undo lock-up

Designer 1.8.3.641; Windows 10; GTX1080Ti; Wacom Intuos 4

I've recently been given a lot of images to trace and was trying to streamline my workflow when I uncovered this issue.

Open Designer (no initial dialog or last file showing), drag and drop an image file (JPG or PNG seems to do it), select the vector brush, draw a stroke, press CTRL-Z.  On my PC this causes Designer to lock up and the only operation I seem to be able to do is close the window via the Task Bar.  It's not a show stopper as if I create a new empty document first and then drag and drop the image file on to it everything works as expected, also the equivalent procedure in Publisher works fine.  I can reproduce this with a variety of image files.  The mouse equivalent works as expected and does not lock-up.

• Staff

Hi Paul Mc,

It sounds like you're running into this issue below. If you ensure the Appearance Panel isn't visible/in focus when you do Ctrl+Z it should avoid the crashing you're getting. This is something we're aware of and with development to be fixed. If this is still causing a problem would you be able to grab a screen recording demonstrating the steps to reproduce please?

Hi Sean, yes indeed, the Appearance panel visibility was relevant.  Thanks for the heads-up on that issue, it wasn't something I'd have thought to test.  It isn't a showstopper so I can wait until the next release.  Just for info though, I tried to record what was happening using OBS and found that although the application screen "furniture" (tool bar, menus, studio panels etc.) would record the main window content was invisible.  I tried various settings but couldn't get that to appear so gave up.