You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply-Image fails on new Pixel layer

APh does not have the limitations of source and target being identical size but doesn’t seem to work in a case I would expect it to. The behavior is the same in the beta version and 1.8.3 so I have submitted it here. There are multiple other references to Apply-Image issues in Forums, so I hope this garners your attention.

• Using Apply-Image with same source and target works fine.
  • Creating a new pixel layer, I can successfully paint onto it, without doing anything special.
  • Creating a new pixel layer, I can successfully cut/paste onto it, without doing anything special.

1. But, creating a new pixel layer then using Apply-Image fails to produce any results. Even though the before/after split screen looks as expected.
  2. If prior to Apply-Image, I use the “Flood-Fill-Tool and fill the pixel layer with White it seems to work as expected.
  3. If prior to Apply-Image, I “Fill” the Pixel Alpha channel via context menu, it seems to work as expected.
  4. If on Apply-Image Equations I set DA=1 Apply-Image fails to produce any results. Even though the before/after split screen looks as expected.

It seems to me, that just as APh does what is needed to make painting/pasting work as expected (setting alpha appropriately) on a new pixel layer it should do the same for Apply-Image.

Thanks for considering, Beau

• 1 month later...

If you are applying from another layer you would first have to invert the alpha channel of the new pixel layer. The new pixel layer will turn black and then you apply your data.Weird but its what I have to do sometimes.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.