You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As I work when I can, on learning more about Affinity products, I am trying to learn how to color correct in AP. I need this task to be tried and true as mush as possible for all photos if possible. Attached is a photo with a harsh color cast, I would like to know how you color correct it and post it. There doesn't seem to be much talk about color correction on these forums. Just curious to see how people are using the tools. I am finding it quite the challenge.

post-733-0-25102300-1438792253_thumb.jpg

The great thing about Affinity is the undo history so even if you created a look you wasn't happy with you can always go back.

I had a very quick play with this, by starting in the Develop Pesona and removing the redeye then in the basic panel, I adjusted the White balance by Adjusting the Temperature to the right to remove the cold look and add some warmth back in to it, then I made some adjustments with the Black Point, Exposure and Contrast then Straightened it with the lens correction panel.

You could also use the Dodge & Burn tools to reduce the shininess on the face.

Allan

post-9020-0-72937600-1438796516_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

White balance in Develop persona. (Didn't use the red eye tool as I was just trying to quickly answer the color cast query)

Color adjustment and Levels adjustment in Photo persona.

Take a bit more time than the few seconds that I did and it can be better; although I do hope that this specific photo was just for an extreme example and not something you were trying to 'rescue' as once the color cast is addressed there are a number of other areas in which some adjustment is needed.

post-15796-0-87407200-1438797975_thumb.jpg

And here's my effort from AD. Using the Pixel Persona.

What you'll see here, is a lot of correct ideas all subtley different, but an improvement on the original.

As you are probably the only one who knows; the girl's skin colour, the vest tones and finally the type of wood. Is the wood teak, stained pine or maple? Can you post the pictures in order of accuracy and give a score out of ten say, so we can all see who has got the closest/most pleasing picture.

peter

post-705-0-16904000-1438807779_thumb.jpg

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Here's my contribution. I did a white balance adjustment using the white balance picker (from the dog's neck). Then did a color balance adjustment (increasing red and magenta in the midtones) and finally a curves adjustment to brighten mid and light tones... Then wanting more red, increased the red curve from the middle.

Hmmmm probably overdid the red. :unsure:

All in Photo Persona.

post-5824-0-88972800-1438815654_thumb.jpg

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

I think we've given away the next APh contest!

left-quote.png Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. right-quote.png 

Edward De Bono (b. 1933) Psychologist & Author

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111