You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Document Preset Crash Affinity Photo

Hi I would like the report the following error.

I have used the Search facility but not seen anything reported.

Affinity - 1.8.3

MacOS - Catalina 10.15.5

Mac is iMac 27in 2019.

Open Affinity Photo

Go - New Document

Presets dialog opens

Click on Preset (which should be empty)

Change the Values in the Page With and Page Hight (values are imaterial)

Tab out of the Value fields

Click "Custom" now at the top

All of Afffinty Photo closes and you are left on the desktop

Apple did capture it and I have saved the log file it and can attach if required.

NOTE- Doing the same actions in Affinity Designer worked without the crash.

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thank you for the video. I still can't crash it. I forgot to ask you for the crash report in my first reply. My apologies. Would you mind attaching it?

Yeah no problem.

Not doing my job as a tester really should have attached the crash log.

It was generated by Apple when Affinity crashed.

I might uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes it but will have to wait till later in the week.

Affinity Crash.pages

• Staff

Hey Knikki,

That isn't really giving much away to be honest—which is a shame. I'm pretty sure resetting the app will fix this as the other apps aren't suffering the same crash.

I'm not sure where you purchased your copy of Affinity from, so I'll provide instructions for both. We can safely reset by doing the following:

Mac App Store:
Please go to this location - \Users\username\Library\Containers\com.seriflabs.affinityphoto\ and rename affinityphoto to affinityphoto.old

Affinity Store:
Please go to this location - \Users\username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Photo\ and rename Affinity Photo to Affinity Photo Old

If you wanted to attach the renamed folder for us to investigate that would be fab.

Oh any by 'safely reset' I mean we can restore anything if you lose any user defaults by renaming the folder back. A quick reset can be performed by holding down ctrl when you launch the app and click Clear when prompted. However this will not create a backup of your user defaults.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Same problem here on macbook air mid 2013 MacOS 10.13.6. I bought the 3 apps from the affinty store.

I finally updated Photo and Designer from 1.8.3 to 1.8.6 a few days ago as proposed when starting the application.

Can i use the same medicine?

Thank you for your answer

Best,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...