You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unknown brushes in Affinity Photo

Hi.  I had to reset my brushes to the factory default, as I accidentally copied a brush to a category other than the one I was intending (...using a tablet pen, sometimes it would just do a phantom button click, even though I was still scrolling through the category list during the copy procedure!).  So, I wasn't sure where that brush actually ended up... and I eventually decided to do the factory reset (of the brushes).

Problem is (as I quickly realized soon afterwards), that meant all the other brushes I installed were removed (.....facepalm).

So, I've now re-installed them all (hopefully), but in my other copy of APhoto on my other machine, I actually have a couple more brush category folders, but I am realy not sure what brush set (or whatever) generated them.  At first, I thought it was categories that I made, but the brushes inside have names relating to the category, so that doesn't seem likely (...it wasn't me dragging in stuff from various categories into a 'Favorites' type of thing).

So, that all said... I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they know of any brush set (paid or free) that creates the following category folders (and brushes inside them):

Effects (Effects 3, Effects 2)  (Seems like fur type brushes)

Texture (Grunge 6)

Drawing (Drawing 1-6)

Painting (Painting 2,6 and 10)

Anyone recognize any of these, and can name where they are from?

Also....  Am I right in thinking that even if I can't find the associated brush pack (install files), I could (for now) export these brushes from the 2nd APhoto install, and import them into the first one (which is missing them)?

The names look familiar, but I'm not sure where they came from. But yes, you can export from one of your installations and import into the other.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I've installed (seemingly) everything I have, as far as brush packs are concerned.

Well, it seems the exported ones are as good as regular install files, so, I'll store those as the installers in my library until I find the originals (....although, I guess there won't really be any difference between the two).

Still curious where they are from, though...