You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't purchase because my payment method is not supported

Hi

I am trying to purchase affinity designer but after I fill in my card details, it says payment not supported. I'm guessing that it's because I'm using a visa debit card and not a credit card which I don't have.

It also says Paypal is not supported in in my country (South Africa).

So now I'm disappointed that there may be no way I can ever purchase this program.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forum @Cheslea,

The payment may be failing for a multitude of reason, for a fool proof workaround I would encourage you to contact affinity@serif.com so that one of our team can help be placing the order for you manually.

Should wish to try a few things to get the payment through online, here's some advice that may help.

As required in the EU our payment portal uses 3D Secure for all transactions, this is not the case in all other regions so it may be that your card cannot purchase through portals that use 3D Secure, or your bank is not yet setup to accept payments that use 3D Secure.

If you have purchased using a 3D Secure payment portal in the past and you know that it is not the above that is affecting the order, please ensure that your web browser and anti-virus software is up to date, also check that there aren't any browser plugins that may be preventing the security window appearing or try a different browser entirely. Finally check that your firewall is not blocking any part of the payment process.

If that still does not work, please refer to the above and contact affinity@serif.com so that one of our team can help be placing the order for you manually.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Hi

Thank you for your help, I thought I should try again since it's been a few days later.

And it worked without giving me any problems. 

Not sure what the issue was but I'm very happy I was able to purchase it now.

• 8 months later...