You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SQ Legacy Software

Hi everyone,   I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd put it here to see if anyone has had the same experience as me.

I was telephoned last week from a representative of 'SQ Legacy Software', his script  sounded exactly like the sales reps from Serif that I had dealt with in the past and appeared to have access to my previous Serif purchases.  He said that he wasn't from Affinity but a separate company from another part of what used to be Serif that dealt with the 3rd party software that Serif used to sell (e.g. Magix, Topaz, Vertus etc.). I bought a Magix product from him over the telephone which he said would arrive on Mon/ Tues this week, but nothing has arrived and I have no contact details to follow it up.   I'm just a little suspicious because I have received no email confirmation of the purchase and when I google SQ Legacy Software, I can't find the company (or else it's just buried in the huge number of results that 'Legacy Software' throws up).  I've checked my online banking and (thank goodness) the amount debited from my account is the amount we agreed on the telephone and it says SQ Legacy Software is in Nottingham.  I know that many Affinity users are ex-Serif users and just wondered whether they had been contacted by the telephone sales team and if so, whether they have any contact numbers for the company so I can call them to find out where my software is.

Many thanks in advance,

Ravi.

Hi ravells,

Serif Affinity no longer tend to call customers now; everything is done through the main Affinity website.

Legacy Software is not actually associated with us. To be honest, it's a name we've heard once before but I'm not sure how they could be associated with us.

I'd contact your bank for further clarification regarding this payment, and look at disputing the charge where you believe necessary.

Apologies I don't have any further information for you.

Best Regards,

Adam 🙂

Thanks Adam. I'm wondering if it is a scam (the salesperson was very convincing), the opening line was that they could see that I had bought lots of serif products in the past, so they seem to have some sort of database of Serif users (or at least me!). The whole tenor of the conversation was identical to the ones I've had with Serif agents in the past.  He spoke to his manager to get me a better price etc.  The gentleman did say that they were not part of the Affinity group and were not selling your software when I mentioned that I already had the affinity suite. It may be on the level, and perhaps I'm being unduly suspicious, but the lack of any confirmation email or website presence that I can find makes me worry.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar phone call from somebody who was also from 'SQ Legacy Software' last week. He also seemed to know about the fact that I had purchased software from the Serif telephone salespeople in the past and I placed an order for the Affinity Suite that, apparently, is different to that offered on the Serif website -  the caller claimed that Affinity Design could now do blending and also that Affinity Publisher could now produce ePubs after I said that I was not interested in the suite until these facilities became available, and that this updated suite was not yet available to the general public.  Consequently I placed an order for the package. Although I was told I would receive an email confirmation on the following day this did not arrive. I contacted Serif and they said they had not received this order. I am now waiting to see whether I receive anything in the post...

• Staff

@John2020

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I am also assisting with this issue via your email, and we are taking steps to get to the bottom of this new report. "SQ Legacy Software" is not part of Serif and the claims he made for Designer and Publisher are not correct, as you know. Sorry that this has happened. We will let you know what we find.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon