championshipvinyl

Designer file corrupted?

I couldn't find a support page, so I'm guessing this is how I get support.

I was working on a file in Designer for 5 days or so. All of a sudden the beach ball of death appears, and after spinning for a few minutes, Designer crashes. I reopen it, and it crashes as soon as I try to modify the file in any way. I make a copy of the file and that crashes too.

How can I get this fixed?

Thanks for your help,

Yes, if you're able to send it to us, there's a fair chance we can fix it and send it you back straight away :)  I'm really sorry that you've encountered this problem - at least if we're able to see what it is and where it came from then we'd be able to look at fixing it for the future so you (and anybody else) don't encounter it again...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Brian,

Sorry - I wasn't in the office yesterday morning so I missed your email and because it didn't say it was unread (because someone else checked it) I didn't spot it until now... I've tried your file in the Affinity Designer Beta version that we will hopefully release later today or early next week and the problem is fixed. I have sent you a fixed version of your file so that you can get on in the meantime, but when the next beta is released you should be free to use either version of the file and they should work as expected :)

Many thanks (and sorry again for not getting straight back to you)

Matt