You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer iCloud folder won't show on iphone. Appears as Photo folder in iCloud iPhone settings

Hi!

i have an issue with the iCloud folder of Affinity Designer on my iPhone.
I use Affinity Designer, photo and publisher on Mac OS and save my files on the iCloud folders, no problem on the Mac OS side.

When I go in the file app on my iPhone, the iCloud affinity designer folder is nowhere to be found.
if I go in my apple id iCloud settings on my iphone, I can see that that I have 2 affinity photo folders saved on the cloud (the first is the correct photo folder with .afphoto files, the second is the designer with .afdesigners files in it, yet labeled a affinity photo folder)

I tried deleting boths, starting from scratch the 2 iCloud folders, no luck

Hope someone can help!
Thanks!

Edited by Symonak

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Symonak Welcome to the forums! Apologies for the delayed reply.

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folders on your phone and attach it here please? Do the folders also appear the same on your iCloud Drive on your Mac too? If they are the same, what happens if you try to load the files that are in the incorrectly named folder?

Also, just out of interest what macOS are you using?

@SPaceBar oddly, I do have 'Default Save Location' set to 'iCloud Drive' but nothing every shows up in these folders, and it always appears to only be on my iPad, and if I 'Close' them I loose them forever (I learned that the hard way). If I save them it appears to save a copy to iCloud, but if I edit that file on the desktop and resave it the changes are not reflected within Designer. I have to go and re-open it from the cloud to load the changes. It's all feels a bit clunky.

Edited by Guest
Added clarification.

• 1 month later...