You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Total failure of hex color

13 minutes ago, Thomahawk said:

Well, the image says it all

I must be thick but I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

On 6/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, Wosven said:

Do you use a specific profile for this in AP? I suppose code editor use plain sRGB, but your image a different one?

Agreed...  I just created a new document in Photo, it is sRGB, and when I put in the color code the OP is using it appears to match what is in the CSS editor.

It does seem likely that the color space of that Photo document is set to something else.

It is also theoretically possible that the layer has a color overlay or other similar fx applied, but something like that would be much less likely to happen accidentally or unexpectedly.

This doesn't appear to be the case from the photo, but if by some chance there is something else behind the rectangle being compared with, make sure that the rectangle has its blend mode set to Normal and its opacity is 100% (found in the Layers panel).

• 1 month later...

Try this.
Click on the Colour Panel on the right and ensure it's set to RGB Hex
Using the Colour Picker Tool from Tools on the left, click around the image and notice that the hex values update and the Colour disc and Picked disc both update
Now drag the picker from the Colour panel over the image. Notice that the Colour disc doesn't change but the Picked disc does. Click the Picked disc and the Colour disc and hex values will update

ColourPicker.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

On 6/11/2020 at 10:32 AM, Thomahawk said:

Pick a color from your design

How did you pick the color? As @David in Яuislip mentions, the Color Picker Tool and the eyedropper in the Color panel work differently.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, walt.farrell said:

How did you pick the color? As @David in Яuislip mentions, the Color Picker Tool and the eyedropper in the Color panel work differently.

I tired this in Affinity Photo.
how this colour palette picker works i dont get even grab colour. i thinked i click tool and select place in docuemnt but no luck. looks when i use palette tool i must hold mouse when i use it. i dont understand fuly why we have both.

18 minutes ago, MxHeppa said:

I tired this in Affinity Photo.
how this colour palette picker works i dont get even grab colour. i thinked i click tool and select place in docuemnt but no luck. looks when i use palette tool i must hold mouse when i use it. i dont understand fuly why we have both.

For the Color Picker Tool, you can select the tool, then click somewhere to sample the color. Or you can click in the Affinity window and drag.

For the eyedropper in the Color Panel, you drag from the eyedropper (or the small color well next to it) to sample a color.

They have different capabilities, and different modes of operation. Feel free to use the one you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1