You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to quickly switch to the Move tool? (Publisher)

Hi,

when working in Publisher and editing text, what is the easiest way to switch to the Move tool? Is there a convenient keyboard-shortcut?

From Photo I am used to hit the V key, but in Publisher this sometimes results in typing a v in to the current active textframe.

Currently I use the mouse but I have noticed that this interrupts my workflow quite a bit on a large monitor. I'm wondering how others are doing this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you want to move the current text frame only you don't need to change the tool: Hover over the frame's edge and the text cursor will switch to a move cursor.218868978_texttoolmovecursor.jpg.b59a4fc86030d1da569de06f9bea1d11.jpg
For a more durable tool switch you can use ESC + V to switch to move tool. You dont' need to press them simultaneuosly, because ESC leaves the current tool already but without choosing another.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 3 years later...

I totally agree with user_0815 over the need for an instant, single toggle key to activate the MOVE tool while working within a  text frame. This is a standard shortcut in the Adobe CC app suite.

Since acquiring the Affinity suite several years ago, I have spent countless hours trying in the Affinity apps to make an instant, togglable (ie keypress: ON. release: OFF) shortcut without typing an errant character in text. In the Adobe suite, holding down Cmd instantly activates the SELECTION tool and keeps it active until released. 

I'm not sure why the same or similar instant action cannot be made to work in Affinity. The ESCAPE key suggestion by thomaso does not really do the same thing.

MacOS 10.14.5  –  MBP   –  16Gb DDR  –  500Gb Crucial SSD

Affinity Publisher (beta)   Affinity Designer   Affinity Photo