You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

16 hours ago, As Mad As Hell said:

... but if I make the line wider the dashes and gaps get bigger.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the way it works on my Mac. I don't know if it is a bug or what.

"Scale with Object" does work for me but that has no effect on changing the width property of the curve.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, As Mad As Hell said:

the 'scale with object' is unchecked (and has no effect, as if it doesn't work)

"Scale with object" determines whether the stroke width is scaled when an object is scaled and it is not relevant to your problem.

Dash length and spacing are specified as a multiplier of the stroke width, so the effect that you want will require manually reducing these multipliers when the stroke width is increased. For example, and assuming butt caps on the stroke, if you double the stroke width, then you'll need to halve the dash length and spacing. Round or square caps complicate the calculation you will need to make for the length and spacing because they add a stroke width to the length of each dash and correspondingly reduce spacing, and a different phase adjustment will need to be made for each width of stroke if you need to ensure the dashes do not crawl along the path as the stroke widens.

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, adam1762 said:

Why, Why Why!!!

Workaround:

• Draw curve with pressure profile
  • duplicate
  • change copy  to dashed. Increase stroke width, adjust dashed line to taste
  • nest as mask 

49FD8759-B7F9-4061-B44F-4039023C064E.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

59 minutes ago, adam1762 said:

Sorry, but That's not the solution.

It is a workaround, not the permanent solution. It might help others running into the same problem to continue with their edits in Designer instead of waiting patiently for Affinity to add this feature request or switching impatiently to other apps.

I don’t know and don’t check if such a request exists - this thread is in the questions section. If you want it the best cause of action would be to (politely if possible) raise a request in the feedback section.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.